Custom Shaak Ti WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willywilto

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I really like the PF Shaak Ti statue, but unfortunately my budget this year isn't allowing me to get it. So I decided to start work on making my own in 1/6, and posable to go with the rest of the 1/6 jedi crew. Only early stages, headsculpt will be the hardest part, but I hope you guys like my progress so far.

Will redo the top, this was just the first run to see if I could get the shape right, but the cups don't sit well, so will probably end up sculpting them.

IMG_2285Medium.jpg

Last edited:
A little birdie told me u wont have a hard time finding a shak ti sculpt in a few months.

Really great start btw what body is that?

Love where this is going, out of interest how did you paint the body ( Phincen isn't it ? ) .
Would be interested to know as I have concidered this project myself, so will be following this one closely

Love where this is going, out of interest how did you paint the body ( Phincen isn't it ? ) .
Would be interested to know as I have concidered this project myself, so will be following this one closely

Those bodys are rubber and u can they die really welll.

Ooo what little birdie is that? I am still going to have a go myself at making a sculpt, but I would probably buy one if I could. Don't tell me SS are planning her, that would save me a lot of effort although not the same outfit as I am doing :p

As for the body, it is just a phicen Big boobed pale I think. It has a broken elbow joint so was perfect for this project as I pretty much just want to pose in the same pose as the PF statue.

I didn't dye the body, but instead used pastels same as painting a headsculpt. I rubbed the pastels into the entire body with my fingers, and it gave it a nice even flow. I then wiped it down with a damp cloth, let it dry, and did another run. At that stage the pastel still liked to come off onto your fingers a little bit, so I painted the white tattoos and gave it a very light coat of flat varnish. It hasn't taken away from the flexibility at all, and the colour no longer comes off on my hands.

In some ways it is a messy build, as some of the clothing had to be glued a little to the body to allow it to sit correctly, but it isn't a figure I will be pulling apart for spares again, so I don't mind the permanency of the way I am doing it.

The pastels take extremely well to the rubber body, allowing excess to come off, but colour almost soaks in immediately to the rubber.

Small update. Decorated the arms a bit more. Need to get some gold bracelets for the right arm. Left arm done aside from weathering all the bandages on the figure.

IMG_2291Medium.jpg

IMG_2287Medium.jpg

Very very cool, mate... She's looking good so far! I can't believe noone has taken her on, before now.. Will be following this project closely! :)

Very nice! Have you considered using the Hasbro head? The sculpt is quite good but needs a repaint. The only difficulty you may run into are the firm un-movable leku (head tails). You can simply cut them then reposition them where you want and re-glue. Also I have no idea what the neck joint looks like on these Phicen so that may be a problem.

Good to know about the pastels and the rubber skin though!
--Filed away for later use--

P.S. - Nice rack! :)

I was skeptical but upon closer inspection those pastels look really really good!

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I have considered tracking down a sculpt, but I am going to have a go of converting a normal female sculpt and doing the rest. It is half the challenge, so will give it a go.

The pastels worked surprisingly well. I am sure it would be the same for other vibrant colours, or even possibly just changing a realistic skintone to a darker tone. You need to seal it though, and next time I do one (have plans for some TOR characters) I might try using a watered down latex layer to seal it rather than spray.

The spray worked ok, but some areas at the back with straps, if it drags too much on the pastel it does thin it a little. Not noticeable really, but I am picky.

Back