Custom Red Skull

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent47

Super Freak
Reaction score
My first "real" custom, based on the statue, of course. Used a skull keychain off ebay that kind of matched the specs I was looking for, with a wide enough smile and cheek bones. Used magic sculpt on the head and did a slight repaint on the gloves and added a nice gloss varnish to give them a little bit more of a leather look. Also sculpted the cigarette over some piano wire. It is removable...used the tiniest drill bit I could find and made a small hole in one of the teeth and then filled with sculpt until it made a tight fight. So, pretty much just built on the skull sculpt that was already there. The teeth are from the keychain, just painted over them. My girlfriend also did a super job hemming in the overcoat a little bit to give it a tighter fit (I can't sew for crap). Oh, and repainted the holster and gave that a gloss as well to make it look like leather. Pictures aren't super great but you get the idea. Check it out!

shooting3.jpg

shooting2.jpg

shooting.jpg

front1.jpg

face.jpg

It's a german officer's coat off ebay. I deleted who I got it off of but if you type in "1/6 coat" you'll get similar results. Yeah, I was lucky to have found it since it matches the one on the Bowen statue really well. It did take some altering, though - looked like a garbage bag the first time I put it on him. It's actually kind of bunched up in these pictures do to the stand that's holding him up.
And the skin texture was without artistic intention; that's just what the magic sculpt looks like if you don't smooth it out. So, I was kind of being lazy, but it worked out really well to give it that bone feeling. And I can't say enough about those varnishes to give it either a matte or glossy look.

That really is a cool custom. I like the pose, the clothes, and the head. Nice job all the way around. :clap

Cap' with Red Skull

Thanks for the feedback all...Here he is on the shelf, next to the Cap'n. Never mind the stands...can't see them from the floor anyways

DSCN0847.jpg

Last edited:
Question for you Charles.... How is the quality on that Cap figure shield? I was needed it for a project and was watching one on Ebay. Just wanted to know if it was even worth my trouble... :D

Question for you Charles.... How is the quality on that Cap figure shield? I was needed it for a project and was watching one on Ebay. Just wanted to know if it was even worth my trouble... :D

It's not bad. On the inside there's two straps or a plastic clip that you can use to put it on his forearm. And the front's actually molded so there's little ridges in there and the star's slightly raised. It's not chincy at all...does the job.

My first "real" custom, based on the statue, of course. Used a skull keychain off ebay that kind of matched the specs I was looking for, with a wide enough smile and cheek bones. Used magic sculpt on the head and did a slight repaint on the gloves and added a nice gloss varnish to give them a little bit more of a leather look. Also sculpted the cigarette over some piano wire. It is removable...used the tiniest drill bit I could find and made a small hole in one of the teeth and then filled with sculpt until it made a tight fight. So, pretty much just built on the skull sculpt that was already there. The teeth are from the keychain, just painted over them. My girlfriend also did a super job hemming in the overcoat a little bit to give it a tighter fit (I can't sew for crap). Oh, and repainted the holster and gave that a gloss as well to make it look like leather. Pictures aren't super great but you get the idea. Check it out!

shooting3.jpg

shooting2.jpg

shooting.jpg

front1.jpg

face.jpg

You do great wok... you should be proud...

Back