Custom Raiders "Jock" pilot Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfisher

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK.. now for something different... Even though he is just a really minor character in Raiders.. Jock also pops up in some of the comics.. and he just has potential to be a really interesting character.. so I built up this small vignette to depict Jock in his hanger, perhaps as he is being approached by Indy to fly him in Peru :) Comments and criticism always appreciated !

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5371.jpg

IMG_5369.jpg

I do plan on buying an RC airplane wheel to put on the floor under the workbench.. and probably a few other "odds and ends" scattered about... oh and yes.. the back of his shirt does say "Air Pirates" :)

I'm assuming this is the guy that flys Indy out in the beginning, looks great really natural pose & really has personality. the only thing I would suggest is a name plate and raiders logo really, maybe some oil or paint drips on the wall and scuff marks where he has leaned stuff on the wall etc

I've got the scuffs and oil stains covered.. ( see top pic)... a Raiders logo plate would be nice to add to the front of the base... may check into that at the local trophy shop...

I'm loving it. Do you have his "AIR PIRATES" logo on the back of his shirt?
Either way, I think it's awesome.
Mike

Yup.. ( see my second post under the pics)... I still need to add his name over the right pocket though..... the other things that will be eventually added are a fishing pole leaned up against the pipe along the wall... and what I had initially intended was the have a few things piled under the workbench and then have "reggie" poking his head out from under the junk :) Just gotta find a good 1/6 snake !

Looks fantastic! I would only look for a different headsculpt. This one is close but there's got to be one out there that looks closer. Just a thought.

I posted asking about Reggie as well before I noticed that Wor-Gar had already done so. You gotta have his pet snake!

Fantastic, Mike! FANTASTIC. :bow I love all the tools and bits and posters. That's a top notch display for sure and you did it up right.

You've done such an EXCEPTIONAL job mate, everything is spot from the tools to the realistic era posters.

If your looking for a good 1/6 snake have you tried a $2 dollar shop over here in Oz the $2 dollar shop have them in bags of 8-12 and different sizes.

Ron

Great work, man. I like the oil rag covering his wrist joints. Nice touch! Really needs that fishing pole though. And maybe a tackle box as well.

A very original custom. Well done... (love to see Reggie peeking out from something):D

Where did you get the Yankees cap? I want to make a custom Short Round on a Hobbit body.

The Yankees cap was made by a company called "Toy Soldier"... they do mostly modern US military figures & equipment.... not sure who may have it in stock still.. it is an older release

Jock and Reggie.

For some reason I've always heard Chuck & Richie. Meh... one of those things. Doesnt matter though, this display is ace!! :rock

Back