Custom Premium Format Holster DONE !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.. the satchel strap has gotta go... too flimsy... this statue is somewhat labor intensive to get it looking right..

Hi Mike...payment sent for the holster as well! I appreciate you making these for others! :)

I am definitely in.

Will you also be making a 1/4 Indy hat made of cloth for those of us (like myself) who own the exclusive. It would be awesome to have a real 1/4 hat for the exclusive hatless head.

we have tossed that idea (real felt fedora) around in another thread.. it is definitley a project I'd like to experiment with, but it will be some time before I get around to collecting the materials and figuring out how to even start.. there is a brilliant custom figure maker in the UK named Tony Barton that has done a lot of historical custom figures with hand made felt hats.. his process of building those seems pretty straight forward, but still a "skill" I have never tried... the obvious issues will be the sculpt's hair will prohibit the hat actually fitting really well.. if anything, the project would entail trying to replicate a scale fedora with the correct interior etc for the purpose of having it being held in the statue's hand... just ideas on the drawing board though.. my law school classes resume in two weeks.. add that to raising a 1 yr old and handling my case load as a Detective at the Police Department and you can see how my hobby time is limited ! Right now I am trying to stay focused on helping collectors out with replacement belts and holsters..once I feel like I have made enough of those to go around and the interest dies off, I will move on to the fedoras.. just do not want to be putting anyone off that wants a belt and holster now with a project that isn't ready for production.. just not fair to keep collectors waiting for a piece that others have been able to acquire... we'll see what can come about this spring with other projects

we have tossed that idea (real felt fedora) around in another thread.. it is definitley a project I'd like to experiment with...the obvious issues will be the sculpt's hair will prohibit the hat actually fitting really well.. if anything, the project would entail trying to replicate a scale fedora with the correct interior etc for the purpose of having it being held in the statue's hand...we'll see what can come about this spring with other projects

:rock :rock :rock

This would be awesome! I'm sure there's no real way to get the hat to fit over the sculpted hair, but it would look awesome to have one to display in his hand or at his feet. That would really be the only reason to display Indy's hatless sculpt IMO.

be the only reason to display Indy's hatless sculpt

well.... my original thought.. and it really isn't that outrageous.. was to buy one of those hideous 1/4 scale Diamond select Indys.. lop off his noggin and custom sew a MapRoom arab disguise.. custom build a cloth turban for the sideshow hatless head and attach it to the posable Diamond Select body.. pose him in a kneeling position as in the map room scene with him writing in his notebook... the custom robe would cover those crappy clothes.. would just have to detail the satchel... hmmmmm..... now to find a cheap Diamond Select Indy....

we have tossed that idea (real felt fedora) around in another thread.. it is definitley a project I'd like to experiment with, but it will be some time before I get around to collecting the materials and figuring out how to even start.. there is a brilliant custom figure maker in the UK named Tony Barton that has done a lot of historical custom figures with hand made felt hats.. his process of building those seems pretty straight forward, but still a "skill" I have never tried... the obvious issues will be the sculpt's hair will prohibit the hat actually fitting really well.. if anything, the project would entail trying to replicate a scale fedora with the correct interior etc for the purpose of having it being held in the statue's hand... just ideas on the drawing board though.. my law school classes resume in two weeks.. add that to raising a 1 yr old and handling my case load as a Detective at the Police Department and you can see how my hobby time is limited ! Right now I am trying to stay focused on helping collectors out with replacement belts and holsters..once I feel like I have made enough of those to go around and the interest dies off, I will move on to the fedoras.. just do not want to be putting anyone off that wants a belt and holster now with a project that isn't ready for production.. just not fair to keep collectors waiting for a piece that others have been able to acquire... we'll see what can come about this spring with other projects

Say, I don't know if this would be in your area of expertise, but you are obviously very knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask: Is anybody out there tempted to come up with a longer jacket? Maybe it would just be too time intensive and costly, but it would be interesting to see what people could come up with on their own.

I'm wondering if Sideshow didn't make the jacket longer because it would be too hard to make it come out right and look good at that scale.

well.... my original thought.. and it really isn't that outrageous.. was to buy one of those hideous 1/4 scale Diamond select Indys.. lop off his noggin and custom sew a MapRoom arab disguise.. custom build a cloth turban for the sideshow hatless head and attach it to the posable Diamond Select body.. pose him in a kneeling position as in the map room scene with him writing in his notebook... the custom robe would cover those crappy clothes.. would just have to detail the satchel... hmmmmm..... now to find a cheap Diamond Select Indy....

WOW! That's a fun idea. I'll have to watch this thread to see if you actually go ahead with something like that.

P.S., say, what ever happened to that custom 1/4 scale Ra medallion you were working on? Would love to see how it turned out...

WOW! That's a fun idea. I'll have to watch this thread to see if you actually go ahead with something like that.

P.S., say, what ever happened to that custom 1/4 scale Ra medallion you were working on? Would love to see how it turned out...

Me too. I would be very interested in seeing that. That would fit nicely in hand like the idol too. :)

The holster is amazing! Such quality work...I got mine in the mail on Saturday. Thanks again Mike!! :gun

I received my new holster from Mike today. I couldn't wait to add it onto the amazing gunbelt that I got from him too.

I'd recommend ALL owners of the PF Indy to upgrade to these items. They are SO much more accurate and higher quality than the holster / gunbelt that Sideshow supplied with the statue.

Mike's customer service is without doubt, the best I've experienced with this sort of transaction. Thanks for all your efforts and great service Mike!

picture023.jpg

picture012.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
I received my new holster from Mike today. I couldn't wait to add it onto the amazing gunbelt that I got from him too.

I'd recommend ALL owners of the PF Indy to upgrade to these items. They are SO much more accurate and higher quality than the holster / gunbelt that Sideshow supplied with the statue.

Mike's customer service is without doubt, the best I've experienced with this sort of transaction. Thanks for all your efforts and great service Mike!

picture023.jpg

picture012.jpg

Chris

Thanks for posting those pictures Chris, the belt and holster upgrade really do look fantastic! I have both on order from Mike, so I can't wait to get 'em!

And so far, you're right, his customer service has been AMAZING! Highly recommended!!! :rock

Yeah, Mike's quality work on the holster and belt, really make the SS holster and belt look cheap by comparision... :gun

Back