Custom Painted Sega Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfaz

Freaked Out
Reaction score
P7050022.jpg

P7050017.jpg

P7050014.jpg

P7050012.jpg

P7050003.jpg

That's a beaut! :monkey5

I got one of those also, with the same intent, and may have to get some shots of it, but I think I like your's better.
I love the browntones and the way you got the "clear" looking parts of the body. Also, that you were not afraid of glosscote! That so makes an Alien to me, and several modellers picked on me about using it, as though an Alien looks better in dullcote....
But, your's is terrific.

I'll get some shots and post some later. But until then, THIS ALIEN RULES!

Excellent job! That's the version I want Hot Toys to come out with. I could never make something like that myself.

Great work Danfaz!! Like Les said, you did a wonderful job on the sliminess and the clear areas look even more realistic and awesome. Highlights in all the right places and picture perfect chompers... couldn't be better!! :D

I keep coming back and looking at your repaint danfaz and thinking of retouching up mine in some places, but it's too late to get that wonderful color scheme you got with your's. I love the browns in it.

Here's mine. It's against white, so it's a little harder to see, but it's my best shots. I think it's a tad too greyish colorwise, but overall I am ok with it. Better'n it was as bought.

I'd still give your's the award though. Absolutely terrific Alien, and photos, there danfaz!

Anyway, here's mine repainted...hope you like it.

@student & darkartist...thank you! :)

@les...I definitely like what you've done with yours, especially the details on the hands and collars! Different colors, but looks like we had the same idea in mind!

This is completely amazing work by both of you, Les and Danfaz!

I've been wanting the Sega Alien for a long time...it is by far the best 1st Alien out there! Its just that I would like a true 1/6th scale version and I think the Sega is a tad small, isn't it? Its shorter than a Sideshow figure right?

Still, after seeing these pics, I'm more amped about getting him now.

Cheers Wor-Gar!

I really don't know how it compares to a SS piece. It's approx. 12" tall, if that helps. If you're familiar with the Marmit aliens, it's about the same size.

Wor-Gar said:
This is completely amazing work by both of you, Les and Danfaz!

I've been wanting the Sega Alien for a long time...it is by far the best 1st Alien out there! Its just that I would like a true 1/6th scale version and I think the Sega is a tad small, isn't it? Its shorter than a Sideshow figure right?

Still, after seeing these pics, I'm more amped about getting him now.

danfaz said:
Cheers Wor-Gar!

I really don't know how it compares to a SS piece. It's approx. 12" tall, if that helps. If you're familiar with the Marmit aliens, it's about the same size.

This Sega ALIEN is not quite 1/6. More like 1/7. He is actually too small for true 1/6. Aliens are HUGE, and the new HT one is supposed to be about 16" tall in 1/6. That's more like it. They are taller than a Predator. Not "bigger" but for sure taller. Longer. Plus all that tail and tubing...and reach...and fingers....etc.

I wish HT or Sideshow would indeed make a sure enough HR Giger made ALIEN like this SEGA represents, in true 1/6. And as posable. That figure would be the end all be all Alien of my dreams. Then follow up the the first movie cast like the ALIENS series that's ongoing now.

Back