Custom Neca Endoskeleton Underway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndoT800

Freaked Out
Reaction score
UPDATE: Completed project is here:https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94191

Hi guys,
I've been working on creating a new custom Neca 18in Endoskeleton for the past few weeks. I have two more Endo projects that I have planned so I had to postpone the primary project and got this one underway.
I originally was going in another direction with his one, but I changed plans and decided to do a bit more of an overhaul project to compensate.
This Endo has some great potential for customizing. It has size & its relatively cheap plus there’s plenty of them out there to be had.
First up was to take it apart and change and improve some of the Endo’s parts where needed rather than just doing a simple repaint. I wanted to incorporate more metal parts to give it a better overall finished look. I ended up doing a lot more fabricating work to many of the Endo’s parts which is making a nice improvement overall.
This is a work in progress so most of base work is progressing. I'll then go back and finalize each part.

I started with the head. The first change was the eyes. They are too oversized, bright and have poor circular shapes. I removed the existing eye lenses and used some brass tubing to make a housing for the new lenses. They are now smaller & more circular.
157_4586.jpg

Now you can see compared to the originals that they are much better shaped & sized. They now have the right amount of red glow now although the camera does not show it well.
157_4838-1.jpg

Next was to add two metal fittings for the neck cables. This is the earlier version of Neca Endo so they are missing, not a big deal. I started with a piece of solid brass. In order for the cables to attach to it, I needed to drill a very small hole at the bottom of each one. Drilling a hole this small is not easy task.
157_4739.jpg

Next was to give it a 90 degree bend and were done. I also reshaped the teeth, modified the battery cover & covered up the battery screw hole. I then cut and replaced the plastic neck stems with an aluminum and brass rod combo.
157_4744.jpg

Next was up was to reshape the hands and feet. As you can see, the hands are need of reshaping. For each hand, I started with scratch piece of aluminum for the base. I cut and reshaped the wrist base, then polished and drill the necessary holes for the fingers, rods and screws. I ended up cutting the original fingers at each joint and creating new a new set of fingers using the same joints and using brass & stainless steel rods. I then used tiny screws to attach each hand to the arm. Once I paint the arms and reattach them, I’ll then finish up each hand by adding the additional finishing stainless steel metal parts.
157_4610.jpg

157_4881.jpg

For the feet, I essentially did the same as with the hands. I took them completely apart and added metal shaped piston rods and reinforced them with stainless steel rods. Here they are primed up.
157_4889-1.jpg

157_4897-1.jpg

Next was to refinish the Phased plasma gun in-the-40 watt range. I covered the seam that runs in the middle of the gun so it looks like one piece rather than two. I then drilled out each barrel and then apply primer for painting.
157_4903-1.jpg

157_4695.jpg

Last edited:
This Endo suffers from bent piston rods. I started with the upper chest area. I removed and cut the existing rods and replaced them both with aluminum shafts. No more bent pistons!
157_4745.jpg

157_4746.jpg

The long back piston shafts on the legs tend to bend fairly easy as you can see. I replaced one them with an aluminum shaft for comparison and you can see the difference.
157_4849.jpg

Now I wanted to correct the pistons for the pelvis area on the front and back. I ended up taking apart each piston and cutting and replacing the shafts using brass rods and remounting the pistons so it matches closer to the original Endo.
157_4786.jpg

That's it for now, I'll try and post some more progress pic's soon.

Last edited:
This seems like its going to be pretty damn good. Love the smaller eyes and the improved arms, hands and feet. Unfortunately I just can't look at the stock version anymore. Its so toylike and plastic.

The back piston rods are now complete. I replaced both of the plastic shafts with aluminum rods. No more bending of the shafts.
157_4851-1.jpg

For each leg, I made the two cut outs to each of the side of the leg so they are now open. The look much better now and match up closer to the original Endo design. Note that the piston shafts slide fairly easy now with the aluminum rods in place.
157_4829.jpg

For the chest piston mounts, I’m going to be using some special screws to mount all the pistons in place after I apply the paint. Here are some them in place which I test fit first.They give it a more realistic look while enhancing the look of each piston. I’m also replacing & modifying each of the neck piston shafts to give more flexibility with the head position that I’m looking for.
157_4823.jpg

Next up was to make the base; here it is full of victims. The base layout starts with a basic idea, then I just construct it as I go along. Now it just needs to be painted and detailed to bring out all the highlights.
157_4721.jpg

That’s it for now. I'm getting near the end of this project. Once I apply the final stages of the paint to the Endo, I'll then move on to applying the finer details. I’ll post a new thread once I complete it. Enjoy!

great work, man. i love following stuff like this. it looks like it will be all kinds of awesome when it is completed. the difference already is pretty amazing.

NIce work! Thanks for the write up! Looking forward to seeing it completed.
I've been thinking about doing something like this instead of waiting forever to find a CM T800. It would also save me over 2G's. lol

Here is the completed finished base. I added plenty of victims with their skull fragments scattered about.
The Endo should feel right at home with this environment.

157_4756.jpg

really nice base there too...where did you get the 1/4 scale skulls if you dont mind me asking ? I repainted a Neca t800 myself and modded it a bit..your's gave me an inspiration to customize another one :) love the hands and feet mods..

here's my own project a few years back
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50538&highlight=r5150s

Nice work on your Endo. I did pretty did the same as you way back once I first got one. Now, I look to improve it even further; mainly areas like the hands & feet for starters. With a few addditional mods, it makes a big difference in it's overall apperarance. For the skulls, I picked them up at a specialty store while I was on vacation a few years back but I have yet to find them again.

damn that looks awesome!! the modifications on the endo make a huge difference - awesome

where did you find the metal rods that you used in the hands and feet?

I found them at a hobby shop. Here was another mod that I was working on for my last Endo https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94191
but I never finished it. More than likely this will be used on my next Endo project. I made a basic prototype to give the Endo lower individual pistons. It's far from finished and it needs more tweaking, but I have changed it up a bit since. I may revisit it again once I finish my 1/4 Pred makeover. So many mods, so little time.
157_5681.jpg

157_5682.jpg

157_5692.jpg

157_5685.jpg

Back