Custom muscular bootleg body help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yodasodabo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to take these bodies apart or have any tips on tightening the knee joint? I took a pic of the leg that's loose and as you can see it's a double knee joint. I see the screw on the first joint, but that one is pretty tight. It's the bottom one that's loose and I don't know how to get to it.

And does anyone know how to take apart the torso portion? I hear something rattling inside...
pu8ypysu.jpg
pegabuhy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not familiar with the particulars of this body, but if I could not get the joint apart, I would try tightening it up by putting a tiny dab of superglue into the joint and moving it until the glue sets up completely. Care should be taken to move both parts of the joint so the other does not lock. Stopping too soon would seize up the joint, but as long as you keep it moving, I would expect it would stiffen it up a bit once the glue sets and takes up some of that space. If it starts grabbing be quick to break it free before it locks down completely. I've done this sort of thing before but not with this particular item. It's a bit of a risk so if you try it, go carefully. I don't want to see you mess it up but if you have no other alternative it's something that may be worth a shot. This is my official disclaimer: try at your own risk. :) And let me know if it works.

I know my soldier story body arm was loose. I realised the actual plastic screw connector on that arm was slightly longer than the other. When I cut it down the arm was tighter.

Awesome ideas guys, never would've thought if them. But what I realized I could pop off the calf part of the leg and get to the screw. So I unscrewed it, took the joint apart and paint all the inside parts with clear nail polish. Now joints are tight and I'm happy! Haha

As for the rattling noise inside the torso, I just shook the body vigorously and it seems to have gotten itself stuck somewhere so no more rattling!! Thanks again guys, I know I learned something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back