Statue Custom Michael Myers 1/4 DONE - See 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Michael Myers 1/4

Synapse Films has the unused film negatives back from 1978. These negatives were air-tight sealed. When played back today the movie has the bluish lighting during most of the night scenes. It was always meant to be that way by Carpenter.

The most recent remaster of he film was color corrected by the original cinematographer Dean Cundey himself. He mostly corrected the outdoor lighting, since the movie was shot during the Summer in Pasadena, California and the movie takes place in Autumn (Oct 31), he left the night lighting overly blue.

Regardless of what the true color is of Michael Myers' coveralls, it ended up looking blue on screen.
I doubt anyone will be shining a blue light on this when on display, therefor, I suggest using the blue material....fabric 'B'.

Synapse Films has the unused film negatives back from 1978. These negatives were air-tight sealed. When played back today the movie has the bluish lighting during most of the night scenes. It was always meant to be that way by Carpenter.

The most recent remaster of he film was color corrected by the original cinematographer Dean Cundey himself. He mostly corrected the outdoor lighting, since the movie was shot during the Summer in Pasadena, California and the movie takes place in Autumn (Oct 31), he left the night lighting overly blue.

Regardless of what the true color is of Michael Myers' coveralls, it ended up looking blue on screen.
I doubt anyone will be shining a blue light on this when on display, therefor, I suggest using the blue material....fabric 'B'.

Wow thanks for this insight knowledge Centurion!! I also have a vote on fecebook and its manly "B" . I just wanted to give people a chance to say their opinion on this as I know there are people who know way more about myers then I do :D

Wow thanks for this insight knowledge Centurion!! I also have a vote on fecebook and its manly "B" . I just wanted to give people a chance to say their opinion on this as I know there are people who know way more about myers then I do :D

I'm a huge fan of the film. :)
When I was younger I lived just a bit over 10 minutes from where the Strodes house is located/filmed in Pasadena. Lived at that location for 20+ years.
The house that was the Myers home is also in the vicinity but the entire home was moved from it's original location, down the street, to the corner. It was at one point a dental office. LOL! It's still a commercial property today but I don't think its for dentistry anymore.
The hardware store where Michael was said to have stole some rope and the mask (the scene where Loomis is talking to a Sheriff and Michael drives right pass them HAHAHAHA!) is right across the street from where the new location of the Myers home is now.
The high school Laurie and her friends went to (Haddonfield HS) is actually South Pasadena HS which is a few blocks away from all of the above.

What I have yet to visit is the homes where they shot the Doyle and Wallace houses.
They're both in Hollywood and are truly across the street from each other, exactly like how it was portrayed in the movie. Pretty cool.

I'm a huge fan of the film. :)
When I was younger I lived just a bit over 10 minutes from where the Strodes house is located/filmed in Pasadena. Lived at that location for 20+ years.
The house that was the Myers home is also in the vicinity but the entire home was moved from it's original location, down the street, to the corner. It was at one point a dental office. LOL! It's still a commercial property today but I don't think its for dentistry anymore.
The hardware store where Michael was said to have stole some rope and the mask (the scene where Loomis is talking to a Sheriff and Michael drives right pass them HAHAHAHA!) is right across the street from where the new location of the Myers home is now.
The high school Laurie and her friends went to (Haddonfield HS) is actually South Pasadena HS which is a few blocks away from all of the above.

What I have yet to visit is the homes where they shot the Doyle and Wallace houses.
They're both in Hollywood and are truly across the street from each other, exactly like how it was portrayed in the movie. Pretty cool.

Im in Huntington beach about 40 mins away from Pasadena my dad was a Captain for Pasadena Police Dept. Pasadena has it's good areas and bad hell I have scene them lol! Ill take Hb any day. But I am so stoked for this. Just waiting for the word lol! Peace MYC

Im in Huntington beach about 40 mins away from Pasadena my dad was a Captain for Pasadena Police Dept. Pasadena has it's good areas and bad hell I have scene them lol! Ill take Hb any day. But I am so stoked for this. Just waiting for the word lol! Peace MYC
For sure. Every city will have pockets that are to be avoided.
For example, in Pasadena, my friends and I wouldn't bother going to the northern part of Pasadena. The closer you get to Altadena the worse the neighborhoods get. It was gang infested and very much a ghetto.
But for the most part Pasadena is a very nice city.
I can see why Carpenter chose that location... Limited budget, close to Hollywood, he went to USC so he knows that area very well.

For sure. Every city will have pockets that are to be avoided.
For example, in Pasadena, my friends and I wouldn't bother going to the northern part of Pasadena. The closer you get to Altadena the worse the neighborhoods get. It was gang infested and very much a ghetto.
But for the most part Pasadena is a very nice city.
I can see why Carpenter chose that location... Limited budget, close to Hollywood, he went to USC so he knows that area very well.

Ya USC is pretty bad area surrounding it. Great school, though.

But sculpted hair looks so lifeless rather than real hair can make it look so much better, I don't mind paying extra as this will be the definitive Myers, or you can do a sculpted and a hair for exclusive, but I would pay for a non sculpted hair, because I thought that was what it was going to be originally. peace!
yep me too. i'd pay extra for real hair

honestly, I am still trying to figure out how to apply it so it will look good... its a pretty messy job :(

Just sculpt it. It will last better in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just sculpt it. It will last better in the long run.

I disagree, I have a few sculpted hair Myers they just don't look as life like as real hair. I had a few one custom sixth scale and the sixth scale real hair is awesome, sculpted hair just doesn't look life like. Either way MYC you will kill it bud! Keep at it. I'm sure in the long run it will be worth it.

Guys, please check this out... we will add more legnth to the legs... add the button on the right side of the collar but we have the hole mark the right elbow.

Jumpsuite_WIP_zps2cjqc5dj.jpg

Last edited:

Guys, please check this out... we will add more legnth to the legs... add the button on the right side of the collar but we have the hole mark the right elbow.

Jumpsuite_WIP_zps2cjqc5dj.jpg

So stoked, I'll be in touch my friend!

how about a little exclusive freaks look... we getting there..

Myers_Tease_zpsx70mmujw.jpg

I must say that looks good

Wow lookin’ great! Nice job on the hair. What is his overall height with the base going to be?

Back