Statue Custom Michael Myers 1/4 DONE - See 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Michael Myers 1/4

all pictures here are the SAME Fabric.. looks all different on different light sources.. but I think its a pretty good match for myers.. thoughts ?

1c58dd_bfb4b4259cf7462688b9c6f9556a9671~mv2_d_1387_1313_s_2.jpg

Honestly, to me it looks too "textured" almost like denim. I think the material needs to be smoother. If the pattern of the material is that prominent in a large piece like in the pic, I think it will be more noticeable when viewed on the smaller scaled boiler suit. As for the color, I think charcoal gray would be your best bet.

Don't mean to come across as overly critical, just trying to be honest and objective. You've got the mask perfect and that's the hardest part, so it would be a shame to not have everything else just as great.

Like I said earlier in the thread, getting everyone in agreement over the color of the boiler suit is gonna be a *****:lol due to how different it appeared in various lighting from scene to scene.

7XwOt59.jpg

halloweenblu51.jpg

image.jpg

sculpted hair to keep costs lower.. yes or no?

1c58dd_d1f69cba5e4e460b9d45df1e9b86e5cc~mv2.png

This is a tough one. I would prefer real hair but at the same time worry about the durability of the glue/hair over time.

I guess it depends on a couple things for me:

(1) How good the sculpted hair comes out

(2) How much more the real hair is as well as the overall cost

ok. noted. The pattern isnt that strong in person to be honest but we might look for different material as an option.

We also have the question about the hair on our facebook page and the feedback is 95% for sculpted hair

Honestly, to me it looks too "textured" almost like denim. I think the material needs to be smoother. If the pattern of the material is that prominent in a large piece like in the pic, I think it will be more noticeable when viewed on the smaller scaled boiler suit. As for the color, I think charcoal gray would be your best bet.

Don't mean to come across as overly critical, just trying to be honest and objective. You've got the mask perfect and that's the hardest part, so it would be a shame to not have everything else just as great.

Like I said earlier in the thread, getting everyone in agreement over the color of the boiler suit is gonna be a *****:lol due to how different it appeared in various lighting from scene to scene.

View attachment 431187

View attachment 431188

View attachment 431189

This is a tough one. I would prefer real hair but at the same time worry about the durability of the glue/hair over time.

I guess it depends on a couple things for me:

(1) How good the sculpted hair comes out

(2) How much more the real hair is as well as the overall cost

I vote no, I want real hair, looks better!

Real hair for me too. With the amount of work that it seems like is going into this figure, I think that the cost difference is negligible. Also real hair definitely gives a more premium look, with real clothing I think that sculpted hair may cheapen the look.

Real hair for me too. With the amount of work that it seems like is going into this figure, I think that the cost difference is negligible. Also real hair definitely gives a more premium look, with real clothing I think that sculpted hair may cheapen the look.

I want the hair as well but to think it would cheapen the look is wrong. Going with that line of thinking then most premium statues have sculpted hair look cheap???

I want the hair as well but to think it would cheapen the look is wrong. Going with that line of thinking then most premium statues have sculpted hair look cheap???
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you're both saying the same thing...that real hair is the way to go with this one.

Im getting the absolute oposite opinion on the hair on facebook... oh boy...

Im getting the absolute oposite opinion on the hair on facebook... oh boy...

Seriously? We already have one Myers sculpted hair and psc is another sculpted hair, this has to be non sculpted hair!

Seriously? We already have one Myers sculpted hair and psc is another sculpted hair, this has to be non sculpted hair!

Yep... I know PCS is sculpted .. but this is 1/4 .. and it seems majority is for sculpted hair. I will try to see how dificult it is to apply real hair.. but its definitely a lot of more work.

check out sculpted hair here:

1c58dd_4ed0d466899745a183320eb991429a6f~mv2.png

PCS is including 2 sculpts (sculpted hair and "mixed media" hair) for both the regular and exclusive versions. Though they never showed a picture yet of the mixed media hair version that I am aware of.

Oh I was not aware of that Punchy !! Thanks for letting me know

These mugs can go with the poece when you order it.
3e2a464b50b7bf1fd06abcaa2d32a607.jpg
577943cfe381bfb73a73d769ce01f3bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

But sculpted hair looks so lifeless rather than real hair can make it look so much better, I don't mind paying extra as this will be the definitive Myers, or you can do a sculpted and a hair for exclusive, but I would pay for a non sculpted hair, because I thought that was what it was going to be originally. peace!

What do you guys prefer.. Batteries or DC Powered .. only one to choose..

Back