Custom Machine Fabricated Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
I did a quick search on this topic but didn't find anything. Not sure if you guys are into this sort of thing but does anyone know a place to get custom lightsabers built? Any idea how much that'd cost? There's a particular lightsaber I see on eBay I found by accident that I've always wanted to own but don't have the tools/skills/knowledge to build. It's starting bid is $225 or BIN for $300. I can't tell from the pictures if it was machine fabricated or if it was put together with parts from a hardware store. If it was indeed machine fabricated, is this a good deal? If it was put together from hardware store pieces, I assume I could get one done for much cheaper. I can tell it isn't made to have an LED blade or soundchip added like those nifty UltraSabers do. It'd just be a display piece.

The auction ends in one day so the more insight you all could provide, the better. I don't do props but this is the one prop I've always dreamed of owning. Thanks! :wave

The seller got back to me. It's a machine fabricated piece. No hardware store pieces were used in its construction. Would you happen to know if those several people out there can make a rather complex looking hilt for significantly less than $200? I'm kinda thinking no. And the extra cost is somewhat justified at the scarcity of this particular piece for sale. I'm leaning towards getting it. I promised myself and my wife that I'd fit everything into the display cases that were left in the basement of our house we bought last summer and I'm already 2/3 finished with a number of items still in storage at my parents' to move.

I got picked up by my wife today and asked what we could sell to make $300. She asked why. I said I wanted something on eBay. She asked what it was. I said a lightsaber. She said I don't collect props. I said it wasn't just an ordinary lightsaber but one I've wanted since I was a kid. She asked if it was Kyle Katarn's. I said yes. She said to buy it. Best wife ever? I think so :)

I do think I overpaid but I really wouldn't know who to reach out to for a commission. There were four watchers so I decided just to pull the trigger before this opportunity passed me by. While not a one of a kind in the strictest sense, it is a very limited produced item. Can't wait to display it with all my other DF/JK stuff!

image.jpg

A lot of them are machined, some are made from parts. Also there's a store that essentially sells a bunch of premachined lightsaber parts that can be mixed and matched, I forget what it's called. I have a katarn saber myself though likely made by someone else and it's very weathered (which I prefer :p).

My cousin's husband has one from Ultrasabers. Way cool! The parts offered at those stores are either for generic lightsabers or for close enough movie character weapons. Nothing was helpful in my quest for a screen accurate Kyle Katarn/Qu Rahn saber. I'd need to find a willing artist on the RPF or something which I'm not a member of.

EDIT: Just checked out Vader's Vault. They seem to be what I was looking for. Good to know for the future.

A lot of them are machined, some are made from parts. Also there's a store that essentially sells a bunch of premachined lightsaber parts that can be mixed and matched, I forget what it's called. I have a katarn saber myself though likely made by someone else and it's very weathered (which I prefer :p).

Any pics? Any tips how to weather this bad boy up? I do like it shiny but it was far from pristine in the game. Not sure if I should mess with the finish or not considering the price I paid.

Yup, that's definitely Kyle's. It's a bit too weathered for my tastes but cool to see a different take nonetheless :)

I actually like it that way ;p especially cause it looks like it could be straight out of outcast ;p

I received my saber. It's the first saber I've owned and I'm very pleased all around. I like it shiny despite it not being screen accurate. I'll leave it for now but may eventually try to give it a bit of age and weathering. I snagged an FX Lightsaber Stand off eBay for only $20 to display it properly:

MRSW204lg.jpg

Others started at $25-$40 so I guess that wasn't a bad price. I contacted Jason Court recently (the actor who played Kyle Katarn in the live-action cutscenes) to see if he'd be willing to sign something for me and he replied he's more than happy to! I'm definitely sending this stand and a silver sharpie his way. An autographed edition Kyle Katarn lightsaber is probably the coolest SW collectible I'll own.

That stand I bought doesn't work. It apparently needs to be a lightsaber with a blade. That's annoying because I saw pics online of Luke's RotJ saber sitting on a stand that looked just like this. Either it was a similar looking stand or that lightsaber is even longer than Kyle's. Anyone know of an alternative that would look similar enough to be signed? I really like the idea of having the base signed.

Back