Custom Kyle Katarn Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that school is over I've had time to get to some custom figures that have been on the backburner for far too long. These are figures I always dreamed of owning as a kid but I didn't have the skills or tools to make them then.

The first figure is Kyle Katarn from the original Dark Forces. He is made in the style of the '90s era toys I played with as a kid. The head is a repainted Jurassic Park III figure head, the jacket is from Ponda Baba (Walrusman), and the rest is from Hasbro's innaccurate Kyle Katarn they released with a beard and no jacket.

27002724093_ca75928f04_k.jpg

The second figure is Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces II. He is made in the style of the vintage '70s/'80s era toys. I painted him to match the in-game character model (reddish hair, white shirt, black pants). The head is a repainted GI Joe head, the torso is a vintage Lando, the limbs are from a vintage Cloud City Security Guard, the gun and lightsaber are repros, and the shoulder pauldron is a piece of vinyl cut, painted, and glued down.

27603077951_d7da610cb3_k.jpg

I have a third version in the works but he's not finished yet. It will be another Dark Forces II version but in the style of the '90s toys and painted to match the full motion video actor's appearance (dark brown hair, cream shirt, dark brown pants). He's nearly finished but I want to hold off on pictures until he's done. I just need to sculpt/paint his belt/holster and find him a green lightsaber and Bryar Pistol.

Loved playing the game back in the day. Like the two styles of Kyle you did, looking forward to the 3rd. Are you thinking of making a Jan Ors figure?, I think you should make her too. Moldy Crow is also one of my favorite SW ship design.

I have a vintage Endor Leia without the helmet or poncho holding a stormtrooper rifle as a place holder for a vintage style Jan. She needs a repaint and a new hairstyle and goggles and she'll be complete.

I might make a modern Jan too but before I get there I'd rather try adding Jerec, Boc, Sariss, and Yun to the collection. The other three dark Jedi might be too hard without making from scratch.

There's a custom 3D printed Weegee on Ebay right now for $60. I'm seriously tempted and it'd motivate me to make a Jan to accompany it. But at the same time He wasn't really a memorable character and I could spend a little more to get the Build a Droid Phase III Darktrooper I still am missing from the collection. But it's also a nearly one of a kind thing. I dunno.

I love the Moldy Crow too. Great ship design.

Back