Custom Kurgan -- WWII Soviet Kurgan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texlander

Super Freak
Reaction score
I"d normally put this with my other figs at the link below, but I know there are a lot of Kurgan fans on this board, so wanted to make sure you all could see it if you wanted.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77457

So here's my latest creation:

WWII Soviet Kurgan

I was trying to wait until I got the head painted to show this figure, but the painter I was using is on hiatus (perhaps for good), so I figured I'd just go with it. I did go ahead and paint the hair and toss on some black eyes just give some semblence of life to it.

The head is not the Sideshow one, but an alternate I found. It came bald, however, so I had to add the hair myself using sculpy (my first experience with the stuff). I think it came out alright, and gave me to confidence to try and do something similar to a Connor head to get a slick hair look for a WWII or Endgame Connor.

As for the uniform, it took me a while to track down the perfect set. The Kurgan was shown being in the Soviet military in the Coldest War comic arc, but the uniform they used wasn't authentic. So I found an authentic version to give it some more believabilty. I found a better belt and added a sling/frog to hold the broadsword. I also used 2 different hats, one an officer's cap and the other the wool one.

Hope you guys like it!

Moved this to my main thread since no one really cared. Mods can go ahead and delete this one here.

Back