Custom joker with dx cop joker head (image heavy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalkyYT

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey guys, i wanted to share my custom joker using dx cop joker head.
i wanted to try this after being inspired by some of the other attempts i've seen on this site.
this is my first attempt with real hair, and i've only done a handful of repaints (u may have seen my indiana jones and ghostbusters figures) but i am very happy with how this has turned out so far.
all feedback/critisicsm welcome.
(excuse the hairs on the coat, they have now been removed!)

Picture014.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture023-1.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029-1.jpg

I'm not trying to condemn it or criticize it, just to me it seems very tipp-ex like the way the paint is done.

thats fair enough, i tried mixing flour with the paint to get a texture similar to the dx, and in places it does look really good, but in others, especially where i then used thinners to show the skin colour where its 'rubbed off' the effect doesnt look so great. its something i need to look into tho once hes finished malting

I like it. It looks pretty dam cool to me. The cool thing about his hair in the movie is that it looks like he just got up, looked in the mirror, and said screw it. I think you have captured that look.
Good job man.

a few more pics, having a nightmare trying to get good enough lighting

Picture064.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture083.jpg

The last pics look best. I like what you did and to me only the hair and clothes need some futzing. I also think in DX clothes this thing would look even better. Good job!

the great thing about this repaint/mod is the hair!!! I love the hair job that you did... the repaint pattern is cool.. just that the paint seems to be causing the problem though.. if u try to repaint a few more times i am sure u will get it right :)

I'd suggest making the red makeup a bit bolder. Both thicker in the places where it's at (so there's no white or anything underneath), and also expanding it to cover a bit more (since he's pretty messy and doesn't confine it to very neat lines and curves).

Great job on the hair! the make-up is a decent attempt but could use a redo IMO - and def upgrade his clothes to DX, will take it that extra mile!

I like it. It looks pretty dam cool to me. The cool thing about his hair in the movie is that it looks like he just got up, looked in the mirror, and said screw it. I think you have captured that look.
Good job man.

haha, i wish it was that easy getting his hair like that! and im still constantly trimming loose hairs.
if anything it gives me an excuse to watch tdk again and work out how i want his make up and the best way of doing it. i originally wanted a clean look but didnt like it and tried altering it. il prob get better results restarting with the aim of achieving a messy look that i know i want now.

i want to keep my dx as he is so may have to look into investing in a new coat and tie,

cheers for your help guys

This Joker really looks like he'd jump off the shelf and kill you! It's quite eerie

definately! im pleased with the intensity of the expression this head gives. its perfect for the "hit me" street scene. it freaks my sister out everytime she sees it.

I love how the stand says "Batman." :D

lol, my oc batman is occupying my joker dx stand at the mo, i think it enhances the figure even more, so joker is temporarily on his stand until i either get a dx base or maybe a little dio going

nice! but i know wat i like, the second pic where spiderman looks like hes thinking " WHO DAT?!"

Hair is some of the best I've seen on a Joker. I typically hate rooted hair but yours looks great. Maybe a bit too green but could be a lighting issue. Paint job is not as amazing as the hair is for me, but it's still clearly the Joker. Good work.

had a play with repainting this guy over the weekend. still wip i think

Picture195-1.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Back