Custom Hot Toys Iron Man MKII Armor - Reverse Engineering COMPLETE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Hot Toys Iron Man MKII Armor - Reverse Engineering WIP

Wow the chrome really looks amazing, seriously best custom ever man.

Can the chrome paint be polished? Like to make it mirror-reflective?

O M F G! u cant see far down my jaws dropped right now, that is amazing! the chrome paint even reflects RDJ head! and the whole figure looks stunning!

Excellent work dude, admire your patience and work.
*salute*

By the way, may I know what's the reason for painting it glossy black before the final coat of chrome?

Thanks for sharing.

The figure looks very impressive! Great Job!!! :clap :clap :clap

Can't wait to see the surprise.

Man... this is just... I don't know... Incredible does not cut it.

This looks so deliciously awesome that I, not owning ANYTHING Marvel related, am seriously tempted to pay something ridiculous to own it. But I need to control myself! Lol.

You should post it on the HT facebook page - people would go GAGA

Wow the chrome really looks amazing, seriously best custom ever man.

Can the chrome paint be polished? Like to make it mirror-reflective?

Thank you! Not really. It requires a perfect finish to get mirror like and I was not too worried about that because the MKII is not even that shinny. True chrome is 100% reflectivity and Alclad at it's best get's close to 85-90% range.

O M F G! u cant see far down my jaws dropped right now, that is amazing! the chrome paint even reflects RDJ head! and the whole figure looks stunning!

Thank you very much!

Excellent work dude, admire your patience and work.
*salute*

By the way, may I know what's the reason for painting it glossy black before the final coat of chrome?

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks - Some say you can use white but black is the best. I know in theory but don't really know how to explain it. Sorry man.

The figure looks very impressive! Great Job!!! :clap :clap :clap

Can't wait to see the surprise.

Thank you! Me either :)

Man... this is just... I don't know... Incredible does not cut it.

This looks so deliciously awesome that I, not owning ANYTHING Marvel related, am seriously tempted to pay something ridiculous to own it. But I need to control myself! Lol.

You should post it on the HT facebook page - people would go GAGA

No you don't! :lol Thanks man. I plan to when I am done with him.

Everyone has already summed up what I was thinking so I shall just clap :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:lol - Thank you - Just ordered War Machine EMS so I should have by next week and then I will be doing a battle damaged WM too :yess:

Last edited:

That is freaking damn awesome! Can't wait!

Like on silver rims it used to be that the primer was white. But in the last five years dark silver or hyperblack started to show up an be trendy where the primer is black instead giving the silver a darker but sharper look.
If you look at what car modelers do to achieve a smooth finish is they paint and sand and polish several layers and then top it up with clearcoat, more polishing and then even wax them!! It's a maddening and timecobsuming process and is only worth it if you have larger flat surfaces.
You could achieve more reflection using chrome decals which I may try for my WM faceplate but it's quite expensive
Btw Creg can you take a few pics with some spotlights? I suspect your mod will look even better then

It looks great, way better than the mark II HT released IMO.
I wonder if a layer of clear coat would give it just a little more shine or if it would look weird.

Like on silver rims it used to be that the primer was white. But in the last five years dark silver or hyperblack started to show up an be trendy where the primer is black instead giving the silver a darker but sharper look.
If you look at what car modelers do to achieve a smooth finish is they paint and sand and polish several layers and then top it up with clearcoat, more polishing and then even wax them!! It's a maddening and timecobsuming process and is only worth it if you have larger flat surfaces.
You could achieve more reflection using chrome decals which I may try for my WM faceplate but it's quite expensive
Btw Creg can you take a few pics with some spotlights? I suspect your mod will look even better then

Thanks for the explanation. :clap

Can't wait for more pics! :impatient::rotfl

I wish I could own something like this. The Hot Toys Mark II is inferior and the price has risen to around $300 or more.

Hot Toys should steal your idea and make a Iron Man 2 version of Mark II.

Thanks guys.

It looks great, way better than the mark II HT released IMO.
I wonder if a layer of clear coat would give it just a little more shine or if it would look weird.

No - another clear would actually dull the finish. I'm no too worried because the actual MKII was not chrome but polished steal so I'm fine with it not being 100% mirror-like.

This thing is fantastic. I love the chrome finish. Looking forward to see the final reveal.

I agree a true mirror shine would actually be inaccurate :). This is quite nice already. I am just curiouse what else you have up your sleeve with the final reveal still coming?

Absolutely Amazing!!!! Truly a work of art!!! WOW!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Back