Custom Hot Toys Iron Man MKII Armor - Reverse Engineering COMPLETE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Hot Toys Iron Man MKII Armor - Reverse Engineering WIP

That is beyond awesome! Are you willing to share the painting techniques you used in a bit more detail? Is it in bad taste to ask how much you charge for something like this?

Man, I'm not an Iron Man guy, but DAMN. What insane work. Makes me want one BAD.

Destroyed HT's version. Blown to bits.

Simply Amazing! Speechless!:clap

Sorry if this inappropriate, but i need to know whether you sell this custom later or could you make us one. Let me know how much the charge if you do :pray:

looks amazing! Great work!

Wow that looks amazing!:clap

Thank you!

That is beyond awesome! Are you willing to share the painting techniques you used in a bit more detail? Is it in bad taste to ask how much you charge for something like this?

Thank you. I used Alclad II chrome. You have to have a high gloss black base then airbrush it on. If you goolse them you can see the specs for airbrush use.

Not sure I would commission one of these. It was a lot of prep work so for now this is a OOAK and will probably stay that way as I have a few other large projects to finish up.

Man, I'm not an Iron Man guy, but DAMN. What insane work. Makes me want one BAD.

Destroyed HT's version. Blown to bits.

:hi5:

Simply Amazing! Speechless!:clap

:wave

Sorry if this inappropriate, but i need to know whether you sell this custom later or could you make us one. Let me know how much the charge if you do :pray:

I sell all of my work. I have not set a price yet because I am still debating on how much further I will take it. With heads and accessories.

looks amazing! Great work!

Thank you!

Amazing job, dude.

You just turned an amazing Mark III into THE final badassery drooling Mark II ever.

Major respect for that and kudos for guts, really.

Simply epic.

*bowing down*

Last edited:

Really need to see more pictures of this *drools*

:hi5: Post 3

Last batch-o-pics added on 1st page until final reveal.

IMG_2996.jpg

Last edited:

damn! Nice!! I am thinking maybe to do this for just the WM faceplate as it is not chrome enough
:borg:

Impressive work. Now what is this 'surprise' you're hinting at? :D

It would be cool to buy a Loose Warmachine/Rhodey sculpt ...pull out the face from the helmet and stick it in this figure.
..and they you have a nice Rhodey in Mark 2 armour.

I bet the surprise is the downey sculpt inside ..repainted or somehow he cut up a mech test head and put the face inside the helmet.

total bad ass, how much time have you put into this?

Just F'n awesome!!

Thanks!

A thing of beauty :clap:clap:clap

:)

damn! Nice!! I am thinking maybe to do this for just the WM faceplate as it is not chrome enough
:borg:

Hmmmm.... :D

Impressive work. Now what is this 'surprise' you're hinting at? :D
:D

It would be cool to buy a Loose Warmachine/Rhodey sculpt ...pull out the face from the helmet and stick it in this figure.
..and they you have a nice Rhodey in Mark 2 armour.

I bet the surprise is the downey sculpt inside ..repainted or somehow he cut up a mech test head and put the face inside the helmet.

:dunno ... Maybe both?

total bad ass, how much time have you put into this?

Thank you!

12+ Hrs thus far.

-------------------------------------

As not so slyly hinted at above I am going to have Rhodey and Stark swappable heads for the reveal helmet. It will come with the Test Mech "basement" base as well! - Just don't tell anyone :wink1:

Back