Custom Hot Toys 'Batman vs Predator' Pred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zombie Predator? Did I hear Zombie Predator?! :yess:

Elvis' Zombie Pred:
IMG_7209.jpg
IMG_7215.jpg

Silentsurfer's Na'vi inspired pred:
Fronts.jpg

i read all the posts up to this point. and basicly ive boiled it down to the one thing this guy said kinda sums up what everyone here is skateing around. look, if it was a full one of a kind sculpt yould be looking at a price tag of around $2400+.

And if that were the case, if this was 100% built from scratch and the price was that high, it would be understandable. Pricey.. but definitely understandable.

for all my years in the industry, my education, and my time on this project speciffically. i will be payed the ammount i want for this if you want it. your job pays you, if you want my work, you will pay me! again, im not here to help you in anyway. i dont care how big, or how much youve spent building your doll collection, for how long. if i spend $30 on a canvas, im selling the painting for $300 the same applies for doing a figure. your not paying for the plastic doll, your paying for the work ive done to it.

And no one cares how long you've been doing this, no one cares about your background and no one cares about how long you've been in "the industry". It's completely irrelevant. YOU'RE IRRELEVANT. All artists in this hobby are. Like I said.. people who buy this kind of stuff aren't buying it because so-and-so made it/customized it. People buy based on the finished product. And it doesn't matter if it's made by someone who just started customizing last week and has only done one custom or someone like you who's been doing it awhile and has professional experience. That's just how it is. So mentioning all that isn't going to magically justify the price. Sorry.

i have friends that pick old cars out of swamps and make them look amazing, and sell them for what i think is a rediculous price. but thats just putting new paint and chrome on someone elses design and calling it their own, right?

:slap

There's no comparison between what your friends do with cars i.e. full restoration and what you did with this custom. My example is more accurate.

im just spent on that stupid line about "theres people here that can do that or better".

Look around the board and you'll see. There's also people here doing 100% built from scratch customs.

AFTER i saw the tooth pick i realizied i can make one of those as well! :lol

Great. Sell it for $1200.

Well, let's be frank. You think it's worth $1200. Fact is, it's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it. And judging by the fact that you don't have any bites at the $800 minimum, at this very moment, it's not even worth that. Now, does that mean people are cheap? Or does that mean you may have patted yourself on the back a little too hard? Judging by your posts, which are riddled with "hey ma, lookit me!" bragging, I'm going with the latter.

Guys there is always one person who will buy something. Its a matter of them seeing this auction. I do recall people paying 5K for custom transformer figures when the movie was buzzing. Some were build from scratch and they went for 5K. I saw others that the person spent maybe 15 hours repainting that went for 4k (Devastator)

Now Im not calling anyone directly cheap but there are cheap people, there are people that cant budget an item in their lifes so they take a wack at the item. I personally love the Spider-man and Venom maquettes (Spider-man $400 out the door) and Venom now sells for 400-600. I have the money but I am not willing to pay that much for a statue when i can buy 3 Hot Toys Preds for the price of one Venom. Now if that Spider-man of Venom was limited to 100 I would have been alll over them at that price. Am I cheap? Am I a better then others at budgeting then spelling (lol)?

If he wants $1200 then let him try, It doesnt sell he will keep it. Dont give crap for it. Enough with the mob mentallity. I built a Batman bust that I wanted 3K for. I got no offers but people suggested I cast it and sell it for 700 so I did.

Last edited:
Now Im not calling anyone directly cheap but there are cheap people, there are people that cant budget an item in their lifes so they take a wack at the item. I personally love the Spider-man and Venom maquettes (Spider-man $400 out the door) and Venom now sells for 400-600. I have the money but I am not willing to pay that much for a statue when i can buy 3 Hot Toys Preds for the price of one Venom. Now if that Spider-man of Venom was limited to 100 I would have been alll over them at that price. Am I cheap? Am I a better then others at budgeting then spelling (lol)?

I wholeheartedly agree that there are cheapskates and baby birds galore here. Entitlement douches expecting someone to sell them something at retail price when the secondary market going rate is 3-4 times that much, those people are cheap. Not wanting to drop $1200 on a repaint is not. Far from it. :lol

Back