Custom General Grievous 12" hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amidala_zelda

Super Freak
Reaction score
halo, here is my 1/6 General grievous.. customized by my friend :) (his name in ssc is "bounty hunter").. I just bougt the figure and request him to custom it..
the original hasbro one was too short and too "toy look".. the custom about rescale and repaint..
in the end, i photographed that grievous, tried to make him look alive..
feel free to comment and put some critics :), thx for looking

Custom General Grievous 12" (Rescaled and repainted),
base figure from hasbro

Original

Untitled-1.jpg

Custom:

grivous-detail_1.jpg

grivous-detail_2.jpg

DSC_0165640.jpg

DSC_0189640.jpg

another 1:6 star wars photography pictures
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93967

Last edited:
Okay, first off, the diorama scenes are INCREDIBLE! If your goal was to bring Grievous to life, I'd say you succeeded admirably. :clap I feel like these are a still image of what it might have looked like if Lucas had actually filmed the battle on Hypori from the Clone Wars.

I like that you improved upon the Hasbro figure, it seems like they were off to a good start but got lazy and cheap in production. Aside from the very valid points you mentioned, my problem with the figure is how brittle and flimsy it is. The arms fall apart and the fingers are rubbery and can't hold a lightsaber - how did you address these issues? Seems like recasting the arms in hard resin would solve the flimsy problem...hmmm, you've got me thinking...

Seeing this I even more think that although Hasbro has some difficulties getting the feeling across, they at least deliver good bases to customers.
I think of Snowtroopers and Biker Scout Troopers in particular, without their armour my custom goodlookin' ones wouldn't have become alive.

Which makes me think of getting sad SS still denies the existence of OT Troopers:
EU Stormtrooper Commander? No problem!
EU Stormtrooper Blackhole? Here ya go!
Pretty much any clone variant? Swallow this, munchy!

... Ordinary Biker Scout Trooper? WTF?!

As much as I am jonesing for OT troopers, it's not hard to see what is motivating SS's decision making process. Tooling new dies costs big $$$, so we will get every variation of stormtrooper and phase I and II clone trooper under the sun. Now that SS has created pauldrons and visors for the clones, we might get a wider variety of ARC troopers/commanders, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a Bacara or Neyo anytime soon, as they would need entirely new heads and have limited reuse value. ARF trooper? Maybe, could be repaints for different camos, i.e. Waxer and Boil. The strongest possibilities I see would be Snowtrooper/Galactic Marine (pretty similar armor, snowtrooper chest armor appears on Dengar, Bric, etc) and Biker Scout (give it a green camo deco and it could be part of Gree's company). Gree himself seems likely also, simple variation of Phase II armor. Just think: how can SS make maximum profit with minimum investment and that should help predict what's next up tehir sleeves...

Okay, first off, the diorama scenes are INCREDIBLE! If your goal was to bring Grievous to life, I'd say you succeeded admirably. :clap I feel like these are a still image of what it might have looked like if Lucas had actually filmed the battle on Hypori from the Clone Wars.

I like that you improved upon the Hasbro figure, it seems like they were off to a good start but got lazy and cheap in production. Aside from the very valid points you mentioned, my problem with the figure is how brittle and flimsy it is. The arms fall apart and the fingers are rubbery and can't hold a lightsaber - how did you address these issues? Seems like recasting the arms in hard resin would solve the flimsy problem...hmmm, you've got me thinking...

big thanks bro, really apreciate your comment :)
actualy, the custom only about "repaint" and "rescale".. The arms is still fall apart and still dificult to hold hasbro lightsaber..
In that pictures, grievous was holding sideshow lightsbers.. Unsurprisingly, they were lighter than hasbros..
big thanks, keep in touch !

Back