Custom Fireflys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only been collecting Sideshow Joes for about a month, but this thread inspired me to try a Firefly custom. He needs a lot of work, I tried to use extras from stuff I already have. I plan to add as I go along. I don't like the Sniper head sculpt, I hope I can find an spare Cobra Trooper or Firefly, but I am not going to pay a fortune! I am holding off painting the head until I find one I like better.

customfirefly.jpg

I like it! It's the crossstraps that really bring it home. Once the head is swapped it'll be perfect.
icon14.gif

Looking good YT74, just started on mine too. I liked Sideshows Firefly a lot, but after changing the uniform, there's no going back.

I like it! It's the crossstraps that really bring it home. Once the head is swapped it'll be perfect.
icon14.gif

Thanks, now I just need to find a better portrait. That my be difficult to do at a reasonable price. I hate being late to the game.

Looking good YT74, just started on mine too. I liked Sideshows Firefly a lot, but after changing the uniform, there's no going back.

The Sideshow version has grown on me, but he is still probably my least favorite and that coupled with being the most expensive to buy, this seemed like the perfect solution. Did I mention I hate being late to the game?? :slap

Here's mine, I'm sure I'll mess with the gear and probably redo the head again, but for now I'm happy with it. *Please excuse the Joe's in the back, the Cobra Shelf is under construction.

dscn1574aa.jpg

No ____. :rotfl and thanks for your infinite wisdom. My life is complete now.

But is it a custom or a sideshow dress up?

No disrespect intended Mercer.

Given it's not a stock Firefly, aka, it's been "customized" I'd say it's a custom. You admitted you could see that from the pic, so why the wiseass remark about Mercer's piece? Or are you just looking to stir up ____? :huh

Didn't know using Sideshow Firefly's gear was against the rules.

Only thing different from the Sideshow figure is the BDU's. Well, I did paint part of the head. Just the green parts though, I stopped there because it seemed to match the camo of the BDU's pretty good, didn't feel like messing with it further :dunno

Only thing different from the Sideshow figure is the BDU's. Well, I did paint part of the head. Just the green parts though, I stopped there because it seemed to match the camo of the BDU's pretty good, didn't feel like messing with it further :dunno

It's not worth getting razzled over some newb looking to puff out his feathers by dissing someone over bull____. :lol

Looks good nonetheless. I guess I just have a different definition towards what custom means.

Don't read too much into the other crap.
If I valued nams opinion I would have simply asked him the question.

Last edited:
I was able to pick up a Cobra Trooper head at a reasonable price and I got the head painted.

Matching colors, I had some pretty close stuff on hand.

painttest.jpg

Sanded off the annoying seam, they I masked off the face and airbrushed the base.

maskedff.jpg

Finished result.

ffhead1.jpg

ffhead2.jpg

I'm not sure why, but I decided to peel off the masking before I dull coated it. I hate it when I do dumb things like that!

Back