Custom Colin Clive Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, well most of the people who have seen it in person say it looks better in person. It will be sent off for casting this week, and I'm probably only going to have 10 copies made, and they will be $25 each (unpainted). When I get them back, I'm going to have one painted in color and 1 in B&W, and will post pictures at that point. Hopefully that'll be 3-4 weeks from now due to the time it takes for shipping, molding, casting, shipping, shipping again, painting, and one more round of shipping. Geesh I wish I had more local helpers.

No no the sculpt isn't off, the likeness overall is really good.

I think the hair could be refined a little bit and maybe the mouth parts.
Sorry if i'm not clear english isn't my mother tongue so i have hard time to explain things.

But don't take it as a bad comment.
Again the sculpt is nice it's just that i can be refined a bit.

No no the sculpt isn't off, the likeness overall is really good.

I think the hair could be refined a little bit and maybe the mouth parts.
Sorry if i'm not clear english isn't my mother tongue so i have hard time to explain things.

But don't take it as a bad comment.
Again the sculpt is nice it's just that i can be refined a bit.

Cool, no I didn't take it as a bad comment, just vague. Wasn't sure what the problem was. Anyway, it looks more rough in the pictures due to probably over-sharpening the photo in Photoshop. It makes me happy to know you are happy with the sculpt since this is my first completed head sculpt ever. Thanks!

It's Alive, IT'S ALIVE. Well, not really alive, but available. Colin Clive heads are now available on our website here. The castings turned out nice and clean, so little clean up is needed. It's cast in a white resin, which would be a great base for a black and white paint job. I hope to have 1 painted in B&W and 1 in Color to show as an example soon. Thanks for all your patience for the duration of the creation of this Toy Anxiety custom!

I'm waiting to see a painted sample first. Sculpts can look much better or worse when they get painted. I remember seeing a John Connor Bale sculpt that looked fantastic, but once it was painted it wasn't so great (and it was painted by some of the best here). But I think its a bit too hard to see the details on a white head so I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting to see a finished sample.

But I've got the lab coat already since you broke down some Young Frankensteins a few months back (back before this was even announced!).

I suspected as much, and they are already on their way to Spenser who is painting a color and a black & white version for me. You have to understand my discouragement when over a week goes by and I get no replies, and not a single head has sold, so thanks for the replies guys! I too have a Young Frank ready for a head swap, so when I have the painted heads back, I'll post pics with the B&W head on the figure.

Back