Custom Book of Eli-Style Base (PICTURE HEAVY!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ItsSinjin

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Sinjin's Custom Figure Bases (PICTURE HEAVY!)

Hya people! I got bored looking at those plain bases so i decied to make one myself! So i started off rollin the sculpey out about 1/3In (1 3/4Cm)
thick slab of sculpey. made the rocks, concave puddle, the stand plug, and to finish it up i used the hair tool and just poked it like HECK to get the dirt pore texture you see. After i nearly burned it in the oven i let it cool and went straight to painting. I tried to stay with the greyscale because of the rainy look i wanted to give it. And when the paint was done i finished it off with a sculpey glaze/paint mixture to make the wet watery look. I am pretty proud of it even though the painting is a little rough but it looks good enough to display ^.^
Oh and the water looks kinda milky due to the lighting and refraction of light :D

The Finished Product!

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2184-1.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Custom "Wasteland" Base (PICTURE HEAVY!)

That's pretty cool, what are you planning on using it with?

Re: Custom "Wasteland" Base (PICTURE HEAVY!)

I dont know, I thought it would look good with The Wolf Pred , Or a T-600, All i gotta do is just go with a "Brownscale" Paint job for it to work

I'd love to get one if you make another, It would be perfect for a Half Life 2 figure I've been working on.

Wow Combine Overwatch? I can't wait to see this. Are you making the mask custom?

I've been working on a Head-crab Zombie, Alyx Vance, and G-Man. Ultimately I'd like to commission someone to make an HEV suit for a Gordon for me, it'd be a grail, but I haven't found anyone who does that sort of thing really.

Wow Combine Overwatch? I can't wait to see this. Are you making the mask custom?

I've been working on a Head-crab Zombie, Alyx Vance, and G-Man. Ultimately I'd like to commission someone to make an HEV suit for a Gordon for me, it'd be a grail, but I haven't found anyone who does that sort of thing really.

well i know im making a custom base and its gonna have shotgun shells, bullet holes, leaves, and a broken combine mask. And for the fig, now thats gonna be hard.

Back