Custom Batman The Dark Knight 1/6 Workstation (Desk with Monitors)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be some hard work. Especially that chair. It'd be nice to have two distinct shelves, one with this TDK desk with monitors, Tumbler, Batman and armory cage then another shelf with the '89 console, Batmobile, Batman and armor suit vault.

That would be some hard work. Especially that chair. It'd be nice to have two distinct shelves, one with this TDK desk with monitors, Tumbler, Batman and armory cage then another shelf with the '89 console, Batmobile, Batman and armor suit vault.

Pretty much a dream setup for me right there

But finances and display space constraints mean that I can only ever realistically hope to have the Nolan version, in the foreseeable future anyway

Thanks buddy, glad you liked it.

Build-wise they are somewhat similar. The '89 version is easier in the sense that you don't need to worry about distributing the weight correctly so that it can support the weight. However it has more depth details on the front panels which would probably mean more work. The extra depth would make it easier to light up the monitors. If I do something like this I would probably build the whole thing from the wall rocks to the rotating floor for the batmobile. Would need a lot of space for that:lol. But it's not something I have intention of actually making. Hot Toys future 89 release might make me change my mind:huh.

Wow, what a great piece. I was looking at the side shots of the monitors in your gallery and the detail is just amazing. I really like the desk (slab) too with the keyboard, track and mouse. This looks like it literally came out of the movie.

batcave_2.jpg

dark_knight_at_computer.jpg

You could photoshop one of your shots with the Batbunker background and it would be hard to tell the difference. It's that good.

The decals are really well done too. I wish I had them saved, but there are a few hi-res shots of some of the bank heist security footage that I came across that would be perfect for some of these monitors.

I can just imagine how well this compliments the Tumbler and the armory cage. Very well done.

It got my gears turning for a '89 computer console. You're skilled, no doubt but do you think you'd be capable of making this,

Btmn_0137.jpg

Btmn_0683.jpg

Btmn_0835.jpg

If I do something like this I would probably build the whole thing from the wall rocks to the rotating floor for the batmobile.

Damn, that would be nuts. Even the vault for the suit in the rock? After seeing your armory cage for TDK, a vault made by you would probably be fantastic. I could just see it with the working lights, weapons on the vault door, etc.

It'd make great companion pieces to figures that Hot Toys conjures up and a "then and now" Batman film displays for '89 and TDK.

I'm looking forward to seeing more. So far the TDK signal, armory cage and workstation have been amazing. I also love the specs you have for each custom.

Yhea, the vault is a must. I remember seeing a custom of it already done a few years back, but I have no idea who made it.

Thanks buddy, but for now I'm done with the TDK line. Still need to make one of each of the TDK customs for my self. But don't really have plans for any new TDK stuff. I'll be mostly focusing on other franchises from now on. Depending of what HT release, I might be tempted to do some 89:naughty.

Damn, that would be nuts. Even the vault for the suit in the rock? After seeing your armory cage for TDK, a vault made by you would probably be fantastic. I could just see it with the working lights, weapons on the vault door, etc.

It'd make great companion pieces to figures that Hot Toys conjures up and a "then and now" Batman film displays for '89 and TDK.

I'm looking forward to seeing more. So far the TDK signal, armory cage and workstation have been amazing. I also love the specs you have for each custom.

1mod6, I'm not sure if you'd be interested in using these but here, might be useful for you unless you want the screens to be scene specific,

batbunkercctv01.jpg

batbunkercctv02.jpg

batbunkercctv03.jpg

batbunkercctv04.jpg

Back