Custom 18th Season Tom Baker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyB

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Thanks to Shatner's Toupee for the great Classic Who Tom Baker headsculpt, I finally got to make my 18th Season Tom Baker figure.
The head is from Shantner's Ada commission with a little modification.
The rest was all made from scratch. I still need to make his vest, but I'm waiting to find the right material. Once I have that done, I'll post pictures without the trenchcoat on.
BillyB

Very nice!

If worse comes to worse, have you considered printing your own fabric for the vest? It isn't the perfect solution, but in-scale versions of some fabrics seem to be impossible to find.

I just finished up a Tom Baker Sculpt. I still need to paint, but here are a few pics with the new head. I'll post more pics of the head on it's own in a new thread.

Tom2.jpg

Tom1.jpg

Tom3.jpg

The new sculpt looks great,I'll look forward to seeing it when it's painted.

Very Cool !!

I love me some Tom Baker !! :joy
My favorite Doctor !!

How did you make that darn scarf ???? :confused:

Russ

Great work! It's always more difficult for me to see a resemblance in an unpainted head. This paint job really brings out the resemblance in your sculpt.

Thanks,
For the scarf, I found some stretchy material at my local fabric shop that had the right size of ribbing to serve as the stitched rows of the scarf. The color variations was all done by hand using fabric markers and a pattern I have for the scarf. I'm going to do a 12th or 13th version scarf as well for an early season Tom figure.

Very Cool !!

I love me some Tom Baker !! :joy
My favorite Doctor !!

How did you make that darn scarf ???? :confused:

Russ

I'm going to do a 12th or 13th version scarf as well for an early season Tom figure.

Any chance of you doing an extra one as I need a scarf to go with the attire I'm getting from Vikki.

Back