Custom 13" Wonder Women and Hawks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_bennett

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Got annoyed waiting for DCD Wonder Woman, so made a few. Used the Power Girl base; slight repainting of face, most of the costume from scratch. Wasn't sure about working with actual metal for the breastplate, but after a few weeks' practice it worked out.

Started bashing together the Hawks, then ended up working from scratch. Molded Ross' Justice sculpts, then enlarged using Hydrospan. Stuff works great once you get the hang of it.

Put the WW up for auction here: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130261269508 and will follow with the others.

That came out pretty damn good. Although personally I hate the DCD body... I'd love to see that sculpt and similar clothes on a properly scaled 1/6 body.

I like parts of the DCD bodies -- joints are less visible for shirtless heroes etc, but the new Otaku (sp?) base female bodies look good to me. Might try one of those next. Many thanks for the encouragement.

Really want to see how the Hydrospan works if you could show some pics?

Really want to see how the Hydrospan works if you could show some pics?
I didn't take any pics during the process -- took me a few tries to get it right. Learned from a picture and text tutorial on the megomuseum.com site: https://megomuseum.com/custom/headenlarging.shtml This guy is great, and did tutorials on shrinking and other stuff as well.

The tutorial's for 6 or 7" scale going up to a mego size, but I was able to get Hawkman and Hawkgirl enlarged from the Ross Justice scale up to 13" scale in one step eventually. Takes a few tries, but after you get it, it's pretty straightforward. Always available to answer questions during the process if you run into snags.

Cool, I have seen the site and tut. I was hoping we cound use it for making hs of lotr figures we won't get from SS. Orcs, Eowyn, Theoden...

Back