Custom 1/6 SWAMP THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is an awesome figure. The Dr Manhattan figure is great for customs.
Can i ask? how did you paint it, did you have to take it apart? I could never figure how to properly paint these 13" dc figured. any tips?

Looks more like the movie version than the comics. He does need more roots and a bit more texture.Still impressive though...PS

that is an awesome figure. The Dr Manhattan figure is great for customs.
Can i ask? how did you paint it, did you have to take it apart? I could never figure how to properly paint these 13" dc figured. any tips?

swampy5.jpg

Over the course of a couple of hours, I rotated the joints and primed the figure with black Krylon Fusion, which bonds to plastic like gangbusters. After that dried, I used the Rustoleum green texture paint to unify the sculpted areas and the smooth aspects of the Doc Manhattan figure. I only removed the hands.

I went for the Wrightson/Redondo/Yeats look rather than the Bisette style, since there are really no figures reflecting Swampy in his original state.

As far as referencing the movie look, Wes Craven's SWAMP THING adaptation is actually quite good, but is torpedoed by BAD make-up effects.

Last edited:
Back