Custom 1:6 scale Weequay outfits

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dug around in my box of parts to find one.Had no luck so I just pulled the one out of a Skiff Lando still in the box & guess what...it isn't too straight either,lol.

Replacing the shaft part doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

So any ideas out there on where to get at good vibro axe in 1/6?

This would be fairly easy to make, there are so many materials you could use.

img1974m.jpg

img1972v.jpg

Also since in the films there there were a bunch of variations that it wouldn't even be problem if the small details were not perfect.

Or you could get the Leia statue from sideshow and steal that one since it very nice..lol

Sadly she's 1/4 scale... and price is a bit prohibitive for an accessory :lol

But I think you're right, there are definitely some options available to be able to make some serviceable axes.

Sadly she's 1/4 scale... and price is a bit prohibitive for an accessory :lol

But I think you're right, there are definitely some options available to be able to make some serviceable axes.

Opps:eek:, I dint even look at the scale, I was just looking at the detail. Anyhow Ill probably do a scratch built when my weequay heads arrive and start on him.

Well I my loaner sewing machine didn't get here till late last night and I had a good part of the day to work
on stuff so I worked on the bits the that didn't require a sewing machine and completed chest piece #4.

dscf5584r.jpg

I decided since I had some time I would experiment with the model piece I used as a belt buckle on the prototype
since that was my original choice for the belt buckle since it was almost perfect, but I could only find 1, and I didn't
want to drill the holes till I looked into options for duplicating it.

So my first try worked out good, I just made a simple push mold into a piece of Sculpy and baked it. Then just
pushed a small ball of sculpy into the mold using a damp paper towel to wipe the mold first so the Sculpy doesn't
stick and it worked perfectly

The one on the belt is the one I sculped completly by hand, the gray plastic one is from the proto type belt, and
the others are pretty much exact duplicates of the gray one, though it is hard to tell from the picture they did
come out dished like the gray one.

DSCF5588.jpg

Im actually glad I didnt send any out with the scupted one now since I like the new one so much better. I had lots
of time with not much to do so I made about 15 of these plus I spent some time making enough of both types of
studs to make about 20 of these outfits.

I am drilling out the buckles now, and will give them and all the studs there paint jobs shortly.

Now that I got a sewing machine again I will be getting caught up on the 2 tan quilted tunics for Dorgmal and
Chakaman tonight, and should be done with those by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Is it just me or do those unfinished belt buckles look like pancakes.:D

They do look a bit like pancakes...

And you're really doing some awesome work here... love how this outfit looks :rock Now I've just got to get the rest of the clothing bits to bash together my Weequay :rock :rock :rock

Here's the finished gauntlets.
The tape on his arms is just holding the goofy Hasbro Han Solo shirt in place.

DSCF5614.jpg

And heres the new finished belt buckles.

DSCF5604.jpg

Those buckles look sick :rock What kind of drill do you use that doesn't destroy the sculpey buckle?

Can't wait to see a fully kitted out Weequay :rock

Bill, I dont know how many times I can say this, top notch work my friend!! Those look spectacular.

Is there anything you cant do??:D

Those buckles look sick :rock What kind of drill do you use that doesn't destroy the sculpey buckle?

Can't wait to see a fully kitted out Weequay :rock

A very sharp one.:rotf

Actually 3 different size drill bits and its done by hand to get to the size needed and close to the edge with out breaking it,
it takes only like a minute a buckle since I made them pretty thin and I've done like 15 of them now.

Is there anything you cant do??:D

Resist the urge to redo parts I already had done instead of getting stuff sent off to people.:D

Last edited:
Vivisect
Your outfits look awesome, are you planning on selling any? If you do please put me down for one.

Vivisect
Your outfits look awesome, are you planning on selling any? If you do please put me down for one.

Thank you.

I am going to be posting this set in the For Sale/Trade section once I get this first run shipped off to people.
Ive added you to the list and I'll PM you when I get that post up within the next couple of days.

Back