Custom 1/6 movie style Rorschach coat.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlindVoyeur

Super Freak
Reaction score
A while back I was commissioned to do a 1/6 scale Rorschach (the movie version). It was kind of a new challenge since it is an waxed cotton/oil skin trench coat and it has a pretty distinct look to the fabric. I actually made the coat out of cotton broadcloth as normal then wax treated the fabric and pretty much turned it into and authentic style waxed cotton coat :lol I am pretty happy as I was able to capture the look I was going for. Just a little more weathering and attaching the belt buckle and it should be good to go.

Thanks,
Ryan

rc1f.jpg

rc2f.jpg

rc3f.jpg

rc4f.jpg

rc5f.jpg

You know, I've just realized that the figure in the pic looks like one of those guys who goes around a parking lot and exposes himself to women :lol

Thant’s nice and all, but do this in 1:6 scale and then I’ll be impressed. :naughty

nightowl01.jpg

I'd be up for one if you were to make more.

BTW - do you have any news re my punisher shirt and Mace head - haven't received a reply to PM's.

Cheers

Thats the Watchmen figure I WANT!:chew

That figure could be possible. It wouldn't require the new body that Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach would, as he is about the same hieght as the standard TT body would porduce. This would keep the cost down and might make it cost effective. We can only hope.

Old Grandpa

It's not that Old Grandpa, it's more to do with the first two figures (Silk Spectre and The Comedian) not really selling well. HT isn't known for completing lines to begin with. Then add to that the initial figures not selling great and you get disappointment for people expecting ALL or specific figures. And to be honest.. HT is just as much to blame for their choice of who to release first. If they would've started with Nite Owl, then Rorschach, THEN Silk Spectre, then Ozymandias, THEN The Comedian and finished with Dr. Manhattan the line probably would've had more success.

A while back I was commissioned to do a 1/6 scale Rorschach (the movie version). It was kind of a new challenge since it is an waxed cotton/oil skin trench coat and it has a pretty distinct look to the fabric. I actually made the coat out of cotton broadcloth as normal then wax treated the fabric and pretty much turned it into and authentic style waxed cotton coat :lol I am pretty happy as I was able to capture the look I was going for. Just a little more weathering and attaching the belt buckle and it should be good to go.

Thanks,
Ryan

rc1f.jpg

rc2f.jpg

rc3f.jpg

rc4f.jpg

rc5f.jpg

That is an awesome coat! Are you making more or is that just a one time deal?

Back