Custom 1/6 HT Hoth Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedijim3002

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I started the Jedi Luke project and am almost done the wigs but I started this project as well to see if I could make it any better. Please feel free to post comments and suggestions as I'm hoping this will be a collaborative effort like the Jedi Luke thread.
ara2eruq.jpg
5arujy5e.jpg
ty8aqymu.jpg
te8ehe3u.jpg
ytu6ydah.jpg
e2y6u9yz.jpg
e7anuze6.jpg
re2u8eqe.jpg
zaduvyvy.jpg
ja5arana.jpg

I cut the collar off the hoth shirt so it would fit more snug to his neck. Then I folded over the shirt and tacked it together. I also folded the back together a bit and tacked it together with glue to make a seam. Glue is the unskilled mans sewing kit. LOL

Then I cut off the glove cuffs off the sleeves completely and cut it up the seam of the arm. I folded it over and glued it so the sleeve would be tighter instead of look like a baggy mess. Once I was happy with that, I put the vest on and folded that over to appear tighter. Not sure if I like it yet but it works and the belt goes on better.

Then I wrapped the glove sleeves around the wrists and cut them down so they are tighter and smaller. I think it works pretty well.

My next project will be to make a hat out of fabric with the goggles and scarf. The hasbro one is way too big.

Looks good!!! Btw where ya get the gloves??? Cause if they're a fabric material that can get wet, maybe a little touch of water would snug them better?

Cool. Thanks guys for the compliments and for the tips. Ill try using some water on them.

well im going to try this project to. i have the hasbro pieces i did what you did with the sleeves cut them off then glue them on the sleeves a little tighter.all i have to do is wait for the body so i can put it together.if you make a hat out of cloth make me one as well

^^ Word. I'm hoping it comes out well. I bought a second Hoth outfit to use the collar for my snow speeder Luke. In going to try and use the sleeves for the cloth hat. The cross stitching on the elbows looks really close to the bottom half of the hat. Here goes nothing.

well jedijim if it works out you can sell me a hat and the wig for the luke jedi then.speaking of the luke jedi wig how`s it turning out

well jedijim if it works out you can sell me a hat and the wig for the luke jedi then.speaking of the luke jedi wig how`s it turning out

i assume your keep the top of the hat and cutting out the parts on the bottom partwhen you make the cloth bottom part.now when you glued the sleeves down you didn`t take the elastic out of the sleevs did

The elastic at the wrist? I'm not sure. When I cut the glove sleeves off of the arm sleeve it took some of the elastic off. By the time I glued the sleeves tighter the elastic didn't matter much anymore. I did cut the elastic out when I removed the collar from the shirt.

Thanks. A couple more shots. Still needs to be futzed a bit more.
8ubu6eny.jpg
5usy3e2u.jpg
u6agynag.jpg
a3yna5az.jpg
e2e3u8y6.jpg
vusery9e.jpg
ry7uzuje.jpg
erapama9.jpg

I painted the straps on the boots with a paint pen. Turned out pretty well.

thats good i still have all the elastic in my sleevs i just cant wait to get the rest of the stuff to put him together .did you see the emporer palpy that eczamurais made.i want my palpy to look just like that

Walmart sells them for like $2.44. All different colors and tip thicknesses. I generally used the fine tip for smaller projects but the wide tip works well for larger areas obviously. I also used a black paint pen to color my HT belt for Jedi Luke. You can also find them at craft and fabric stores as well. Michaels sells a wide variety.

thats good i still have all the elastic in my sleevs i just cant wait to get the rest of the stuff to put him together .did you see the emporer palpy that eczamurais made.i want my palpy to look just like that

Thanks. Yes. Saw that too. Looks killer. The paint pens are all gloss based. They do not come in flat at all. Would be nice but oh well. I wish I had ec's talent for painting faces. It's not my strong suit. Cannibalizing is mine.

yes that`s fun until you have to put back together.so theres a white paint pen thats what around the boots then.or what color is that

thanks for the tip.speaking of luke jedi how are the wigs comeing

Wigs have taken a back seat at the moment. They require time to myself when the kids aren't home trying to stick their hands in everything. I need a good solid couple hours alone to work in them but with work and kids its not easy. Off today with the kids and can do small very short projects but that one will require time. I need a day off during the week when the wife's at work and the kids are at school but work has been kickin my ass lately. 6 days a week and about 60 hours.

I just hope I'm not holding you guys up.

Back