Custom 1/6 Chewbacca

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best 1/6 Chewie resemblance I've seen posted here....Great job!!

This shot = :chew

chewie.jpg

Hi everyone,

I thought, with all of the great Star Wars figure being release from Sideshow at Comic Con this week I would show my Chewbacca as I have had a few member asked to see it before and I never got around to showing it. So this is my attempted at being more active and not just logging on and reading what’s going on.
I made two and a half wookies I wanted to make all the main wookies but didn’t get to it as the hair cost a mint. This one is for me and another one was a commission and I started to make Grakchawwaa I had his head done but was the wrong color so I removed it and then never got back to.

So, please take a look and let me know what you think. Oh and everything is custom except the gun that came from GG and the stand from SS and the hands.

Awesome Job! :clap

I love the amount of articulation it has. And like mentioned before, it looks like Chewie and not just some random Wookie. If there was any way you could get the hair to lay a little closer to the body I think it would look a little better.

Overall this :rocks. I think you did an amazing job.

The hair would must likely lay better if I didn't use so much.

Wow, that looks very cool (and very labor intensive). I kind of wish I knew whether or not Sideshow was ever going to make a Chewbacca. If they're not, I could start looking into custom alternatives, but I don't want to spend a lot on something like that if they'll be releasing one that could potentially be better.

Wouldn't it be great if Sideshow come up with something close to what we see here.

Wow, that looks very cool (and very labor intensive). I kind of wish I knew whether or not Sideshow was ever going to make a Chewbacca. If they're not, I could start looking into custom alternatives, but I don't want to spend a lot on something like that if they'll be releasing one that could potentially be better.

At their SDCC panel they seemed to let on that they are still some ways out from developement of their 1/6th scale chewie. they still don't know how they would do it or how they could price it out to make it affordalbe and profitable. So I woud say we still got some significant waiting on this one.

At their SDCC panel they seemed to let on that they are still some ways out from developement of their 1/6th scale chewie. they still don't know how they would do it or how they could price it out to make it affordalbe and profitable. So I woud say we still got some significant waiting on this one.

i guess they need to give phillip750_3 a call.

im sure he wouldnt mind giving them a few pointers......;)

So what, another 3 year wait like the armored figures... I think by then I might be able to get done furring one :lol

Hi everyone,

I thought, with all of the great Star Wars figure being release from Sideshow at Comic Con this week I would show my Chewbacca as I have had a few member asked to see it before and I never got around to showing it. So this is my attempted at being more active and not just logging on and reading what’s going on.
I made two and a half wookies I wanted to make all the main wookies but didn’t get to it as the hair cost a mint. This one is for me and another one was a commission and I started to make Grakchawwaa I had his head done but was the wrong color so I removed it and then never got back to.

So, please take a look and let me know what you think. Oh and everything is custom except the gun that came from GG and the stand from SS and the hands.

Awesome work!:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Fantastic work of art... now, Is there a chance you could make a quarter scale one with fur? I would buy Immediately!:chew

This is one of the best customs I have ever seen!!!! Outstanding work!!! Maybe Sideshow will take notice!!! Great work on the body as well. Did you recast that buck body?

This is one of the best customs I have ever seen!!!! Outstanding work!!! Maybe Sideshow will take notice!!! Great work on the body as well. Did you recast that buck body?

Thank you,but the body is a 21st that was in larged, I wanted to use a SS but did think the frame was big enough.

Fantastic work of art... now, Is there a chance you could make a quarter scale one with fur? I would buy Immediately!:chew

I would love to make a 1/4 scale one but the hair is crazy expensive and Chewy would be about 22.5” inches tall the only place I could put it is at my buddies comic book store.

Back