Custom 1:1 Indiana Jones; first custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing esp with the hat on. You can even see that it resembles Temple of Doom Indy without his shirt on and just the hat.

Re: Custom 1:1 Indiana Jones; first custom, BIG UPDATE pg 3

Hey there all! I know I haven't posted in a while, I haven't really been able to. Some serious health issues followed this past holiday season so that is why I haven't really been posting. But i would never forget about my fellow freaks!!! I have been 'lurking" quite a bit though!
I have two of these threads, One in the customs section and one in the Indy section, just because i like feedback, and I know there are lots of people who check one and not the other.
Anyways here is Harrison AKA Indiana Jones finally painted up. Most of my painting tips, etc. have come from knuclefunger (couldn't have done it w/o him), combined with my own fine-art sort of knowledge. Although I think the sculpt by Howard S is sort of a TOD Indy, I am definitely going Raiders here. I have just put him on the back of a chair for these pics w/ my Indy shirt and jacket, but eventually He will be a full 1:1 scale figure. Some of these pics he sort of looks yellow or orange as well, and that is just my camera, as he does not look anything but sunburnt! Any questions please feel free to ask and to criticize!

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful - I usually find 1:1 busts slightly creepy, no matter how good they are, but this is appealing for some reason.

Aren't Ford's eyes blue?

I hate to say this since its already done but Harrison Fords eyes are a Hazel color.

Yes sir you are right they are hazel. I went through dozens of screen caps from the Indy films trying to narrow it down, and they are definitely hazel in closeups where there is obviously bright lighting hitting his eyes. Only then can you see little hits of greens and even yellows. Otherwise they look like an odd shade of brown.
I say "obviously bright lighting" because there is not heavy shadow on his face from the large brim of the hat as there would be in almost all natural outdoor settings( ie set lighting).
It is hard to see in the pics i posted but his eyes do have a slight green-yellow in them, giving them a more hazel coloring. they do look brown in most of the pics though.
It is hard when you painting eyes that are not reflective live a real eye is, and since he is wearing a hat that casts a shadow you have to sort of anticipate what the coloring and shading of the eyes would be in that case and go from there

Fantastic job avbat!

A totally different approach to the process than I have done with that same bust a while back. As a humble comparison, here is the one I did for Desi of Screen Used that owns the original Raiders Fedora. This was painted in a different way than you did yours, but your results are incredibly similar, which just shows there is no one way to paint life size anything. Once again, great job and also great weathering on the hat as well!

Back