Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know sideshow were selling watches and backpacks now...next thing they'll be carrying super man underwear.

I didn't know sideshow were selling watches and backpacks now...next thing they'll be carrying super man underwear.

Each day with the odd ball stuff they're selling and the new Live Show set,
Sideshow is starting to look more like QVC/HSN.
I was waiting for Susan to say "Stay tuned for our special Diamonique hour coming up next".

when you’ve got 4 or 5 freak pages up on your tiny iPhone, scrambling to get codes while dealing with kids on a classroom.

wait what? youre a teacher at work and youre jerking around with trying to get $1 codes? are you for real? if thats true, then you suck as a teacher and as an employee. youre offended at the word retard, because you work with kids with disabilities, but while at work youre looking for discount codes? id rather be called a retard then have a teacher that has f'ed up priorities.

wait what? youre a teacher at work and youre jerking around with trying to get $1 codes? are you for real? if thats true, then you suck as a teacher and as an employee. youre offended at the word retard, because you work with kids with disabilities, but while at work youre looking for discount codes? id rather be called a retard then have a teacher that has f'ed up priorities.

I work at a hospital and was doing the same thing while dealing with patients so i guess i suck too :cuckoo:

I'm sure everyone was working and getting codes when they could.

I work at a hospital and was doing the same thing while dealing with patients so i guess i suck too :cuckoo:

I'm sure everyone was working and getting codes when they could.

disgraceful. im shocked you so freely admit to that. id be embarrassed. no one can actually be bothered to work anymore while at work. put the phone down once in a while you addicts. and to be clear, you suck more than the bad teacher.

i wonder if youre employer would share your callous view.:cuckoo:

disgraceful. im shocked you so freely admit to that. id be embarrassed. no one can actually be bothered to work anymore while at work. put the phone down once in a while you addicts. and to be clear, you suck more than the bad teacher.

i wonder if youre employer would share your callous view.:cuckoo:

:lol

That actually made me laugh out loud (in a good way).

It's not like i hide it. My boss, the doctors are all next to me when i'm doing it and we even talk about it when i get a code. Obviously i'm not on my phone while i'm with a patient just between cases, waiting for a doctor, lunch, etc.

Sometimes you need a small escape when you find cancer in a 38 year old mother of 4 or getting a 15 year old ready to have his organs removed because he was depressed and shot himself in the head. I got into these figures while working at the fire department and dealing with depressing situations everyday. So i'm not going to ever apologize for giving brain a small break.

Today is the 1st day i have had off in over two weeks and sometimes those days are 12 hours long. Trust me i bust my ass.

Anyway i'm not angry or anything just not sure why you care what other people do at work as long as the job gets done safely and on time.

:lol

That actually made me laugh out loud (in a good way).

It's not like i hide it. My boss, the doctors are all next to me when i'm doing it and we even talk about it when i get a code. Obviously i'm not on my phone while i'm with a patient just between cases, waiting for a doctor, lunch, etc.

Sometimes you need a small escape when you find cancer in a 38 year old mother of 4 or getting a 15 year old ready to have his organs removed because he was depressed and shot himself in the head. I got into these figures while working at the fire department and dealing with depressing situations everyday. So i'm not going to ever apologize for giving brain a small break.

Today is the 1st day i have had off in over two weeks and sometimes those days are 12 hours long. Trust me i bust my ass.

Anyway i'm not angry or anything just not sure why you care what other people do at work as long as the job gets done safely and on time.

my thoughts in no particular order...

- nothing wrong with checking IN BETWEEN things or on breaks.
- you knew what you were getting into with your job. if you cant handle the ugly parts, maybe its not for you. I know plenty of nurses and Drs that dont take small escapes at work. they have no time for small escapes at work. they do that off the clock.
- the guy above took umbrage with someone using the word retard. then he admits to going online for codes whilst dealing with a classroom full of special needs kids which i think is more disrespectful than the name calling.
- re: getting job done safely and on time...if someone is on the phone how would they know if they missed an opportunity that could have made a satisfactory job an exceptional job? i am not perfect, but i have the respect to leave my phone away from my person while im being paid to be somewhere. phones have infiltrated every aspect of life and no matter where you go someone is distracted by a phone. the workers at XY establishment, drivers, kids at school, families at the dinner table and now special ed teachers and hospital workers.

- you knew what you were getting into with your job. if you cant handle the ugly parts, maybe its not for you. I know plenty of nurses and Drs that dont take small escapes at work. they have no time for small escapes at work. they do that off the clock.
- the guy above took umbrage with someone using the word retard. then he admits to going online for codes whilst dealing with a classroom full of special needs kids which i think is more disrespectful than the name calling.
- re: getting job done safely and on time...if someone is on the phone how would they know if they missed an opportunity that could have made a satisfactory job an exceptional job? i am not perfect, but i have the respect to leave my phone away from my person while im being paid to be somewhere. phones have infiltrated every aspect of life and no matter where you go someone is distracted by a phone. the workers at XY establishment, drivers, kids at school, families at the dinner table and now special ed teachers and hospital workers.
Agree to disagree. Each of us knows what is expected of them by their employers regarding phone use. Having a hissy fit on a forum serves no purpose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree. I have have been a firefighter/medic for 14 years and now at the hospital for 4 i think i can handle it. I love it but for example when you do CPR on newborn for 40 minutes and they die It takes a lot out of you and if it doesn't then there is something wrong. The doctors and nurses you are talking about are lying to you. They HAVE to do something after dealing with something difficult nowdays it's almost required. I was part of a team that had meetings with our responders after an incident to make sure they were ok and get them help if they were not. They are human not machines if they do not have something they do for a mental break it WILL end badly i have seen plenty of times.

Yes phones DO suck and i miss the old days but they are here to stay. I am not on it at dinner or when i'm spending time with friends and family. We have a rules about that. You should not be on your phone if it will in anyway affect your work but in my line of work i have been sitting in the OR waiting for an hour before the patient is ready to bring in the room. Everything is set and ready to go an there is nothing else to do. I see nothing wrong with reading the news, paying bills, returning emails or evening checking for codes while i wait.

We had a person with gun in in a standoff with police in the parking lot awhile back and guess how was everyone in the hospital was notified, by an alert on our phones. They do help sometimes i know dozens of lives saved over the years because people did have a smartphone.

I do understand where you are coming from though.:peace

this was your original response. this is a far cry from what you said later about doing things in between work.

Agree to disagree. Each of us knows what is expected of them by their employers regarding phone use. Having a hissy fit on a forum serves no purpose.

really? really? you know whats expected but 99% dont give a rats ass about whats expected. like the teacher "dealing with a classroom of kids". how about the guy a few lines up "hiding in the warehouse" to get codes? im sure his employer would love to hear that. youre response is naive as hell and plain stupid. but like everyone else, people will say anything to justify their phone addiction.

I respect your opinion but respectfully disagree. I have have been a firefighter/medic for 14 years and now at the hospital for 4 i think i can handle it. I love it but for example when you do CPR on newborn for 40 minutes and they die It takes a lot out of you and if it doesn't then there is something wrong. The doctors and nurses you are talking about are lying to you. They HAVE to do something after dealing with something difficult nowdays it's almost required. I was part of a team that had meetings with our responders after an incident to make sure they were ok and get them help if they were not. They are human not machines if they do not have something they do for a mental break it WILL end badly i have seen plenty of times.

Yes phones DO suck and i miss the old days but they are here to stay. I am not on it at dinner or when i'm spending time with friends and family. We have a rules about that. You should not be on your phone if it will in anyway affect your work but in my line of work i have been sitting in the OR waiting for an hour before the patient is ready to bring in the room. Everything is set and ready to go an there is nothing else to do. I see nothing wrong with reading the news, paying bills, returning emails or evening checking for codes while i wait.

We had a person with gun in in a standoff with police in the parking lot awhile back and guess how was everyone in the hospital was notified, by an alert on our phones. They do help sometimes i know dozens of lives saved over the years because people did have a smartphone.

I do understand where you are coming from though.:peace

I didn't need your life story man. one thought comes to mind. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I dont care what anyone thinks about my reasoning or the fact that i chose to call someone out. im tired of cell phones lodged up the entire worlds *******. if you dont like it thats fine, no reason to throw a hissy fit about it on a forum as one Rhodes scholar once said.

Last edited:
this was your original response. this is a far cry from what you said later about doing things in between work.

really? really? you know whats expected but 99% dont give a rats ass about whats expected. like the teacher "dealing with a classroom of kids". how about the guy a few lines up "hiding in the warehouse" to get codes? im sure his employer would love to hear that. youre response is naive as hell and plain stupid. but like everyone else, people will say anything to justify their phone addiction.

I didn't need your life story man. one thought comes to mind. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I dont care what anyone thinks about my reasoning or the fact that i chose to call someone out. im tired of cell phones lodged up the entire worlds *******. if you dont like it thats fine, no reason to throw a hissy fit about it on a forum as one Rhodes scholar once said.

I'm sure the warehouse was devastated for the 76 seconds it took him to input a code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back