Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I got $0 so far. How fun.

Hey SIDESHOW: how about you reward people with codes that they can redeem when they’re NOT AT WORK.

C'mon, man, SS released codes this Spook at ALL hours of the day. You have not worked 24 hours a day for the last 7 days, have you?

Wow, I got $0 so far. How fun.

Hey SIDESHOW: how about you reward people with codes that they can redeem when they’re NOT AT WORK.

Most of the $ value that's been released has been when I'm asleep (as all 4 $5's have been released in my sleep window) I guess that's what notifications are for......but I still sleep though the vast bulk of them :slap

Most of the $ value that's been released has been when I'm asleep (as all 4 $5's have been released in my sleep window) I guess that's what notifications are for......but I still sleep though the vast bulk of them :slap

Put your phone on vibrate and turn up your sound?

Yes, thanks everyone!

I mentioned earlier that I somehow got taken off the email list. But thanks to everyone who posted here I was able to get a good chunk of them. I must have missed around 5-10 but managed to get all the $5 codes.

I’m ok with the 10/15/30 minute life spans for these codes. Was it last year that the codes only lasted 1 to 3 minutes? Or was that for the Sideshow Live codes only? THAT was ridiculous, and I pretty much gave up on those. But I can certainly understand the frustration.

It’s funny, my wife knows something is up around this time of year when I’m constantly checking my phone! And then she gets annoyed and says, “I’ll give you the damn dollar! Just put down the phone!” It kinda put it in perspective that we’re checking out from the real world for just a dollar.

I remember what a big event Spook used to be, with it all culminating one year when they did that Mort comic, and I actually think the following year they started scaling back.

I do miss the $20 codes that came with your purchase that you could apply to anything, even pre orders. I think that was a fair system, where you pretty much prove your loyalty as a customer, and you would essentially get free shipping for your next purchase. Too bad that’s over.

tenor.gif

You tell her this is a game and that these are magic dollars.:lecture

Unfortunately that's exactly what I did (maximum settings). But for whatever reason it was never able to wake me up for the 5-6am codes (your noon).

So, when there used to be ten dollar codes that didn't last very long (two years ago, I think), I used to sleep with the phone right by my head on my pillow, inside the case. How far are you willing to go?

So, when there used to be ten dollar codes that didn't last very long (two years ago, I think), I used to sleep with the phone right by my head on my pillow, inside the case. How far are you willing to go?

This same time period was when I discovered how much you really can get done at work on very little sleep.

Ha I do that every day- just to be able to wake up.

Missing the last two $5 codes hurts lol

It certainly does.

Well my phone wasn't on my pillow, but on the bedside table as I find that the vibrate at least works a bit better on a solid surface. Or does it need to be on the bed to shake you awake?

Welp it looks like i can finally crack open my copy of Red Dead 2. Waited forever for that game and of coarse it drops the same time as spook.:gah:

It certainly does.

Well my phone wasn't on my pillow, but on the bedside table as I find that the vibrate at least works a bit better on a solid surface. Or does it need to be on the bed to shake you awake?

I don't know. It was right by my ear, so I would hear it very well, but it wouldn't disturb Mrs. Griffin. I also have a foam pillow, so I tried putting it underneath, too. It echoed through the pillow seemingly louder than it would near my head, but sometimes I couldn't sleep with it under there (princess and the pea kinda thing).

I just saw a tweet from Susan talking about how she was saving her Halloween costume for Sideshow Live.
I hope this isn't the "Big" surprise?

Studies have said that causes brain cancer. But at least you earned a small down payment towards your medical bills.

It certainly does.

I put mine on vibrate and slip it in the waist band of my pajama pants. And then sometimes it slips down and then you know.

That really wakes me up.

Back