Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They haven't had a lot of fan interaction this year. With their new contest site thing, it takes away from them doing contests like caption the picture or trivia or something else. I'm not sure which I like better to be honest.

Other than the live shows, I havnt seen any fan interaction this year at all. Its all automated it seems.

I've gotten the feeling the last few years that SSC really doesn't want to do Spook anymore. They do it because it's such an established marketing opportunity, and to get rid of overstock. But, I'd bet the people who originally made it happen and wanted the interaction either moved on or are burnt out on it for whatever reason. So, for those doing it, it's probably more of a chore than something they get excited about.

Spook several years ago: Lots of fan interaction! Lots of reward points! Newer figures on sale! Deep discounts of older figures! Prizes! Daily newsletter codes! Surprise variant figures for sale with low edition sizes!

Spook today: $1 codes. Automated messages. A couple of live feeds.

Seriously, the difference is REMARKABLE! Would be awesome to have a candid discussion with someone at SSC on this. A real sit down about what has happened and why.

I do know there has been a change in staff there. Susan got promoted to something where she only does lives now, and someone else is now doing all of the social media accounts. With this change I presume comes with a more automated setup that we've been seeing. Shame really. Though I do like that I don't feel the stress of being in front of my computer 24/7 in case a good deal or points goes through.

random: That stigma - that people think SS is throwing away thousands of dollars away with free RP. lol The reward points is the final push that will get a fence sitting buyer to purchase. People need the incentive and genuinely feel like they are getting a deal.

Ive sold thousands of records, rare vinyl, collectables, car parts on ebay for almost 20 years and its funny how just adjusting a stagnant listing to free shipping causes it to sell immediately.
Unless SS has just too much overhead, I understand. Otherwise the rule for me is something is always better than nothing if you're not losing you rear on it.

Spook several years ago: Lots of fan interaction! Lots of reward points! Newer figures on sale! Deep discounts of older figures! Prizes! Daily newsletter codes! Surprise variant figures for sale with low edition sizes!

Spook today: $1 codes. Automated messages. A couple of live feeds.

Seriously, the difference is REMARKABLE! Would be awesome to have a candid discussion with someone at SSC on this. A real sit down about what has happened and why.

When i first started collecting in 2011 people where saying spook wasn't as good then as several years ago.

I think the fact that they didn't even bother rectifying the code that didn't work says it all :lol

They'll fix it at the same time they were going to send their next $1 code anyways lol

"here guys, it's, uhhh, fixed!"

Little do we know...

Not even a sorry. Or "dont worry, theres more to come..." just silence.

Not silence. Complete disregard to it even happening lol They just tweeted:

We've pulled Gastonia out of our Dinosauria vault just for Spooktacular! This giveaway starts now and ends at midnight on Halloween night.
#SideshowSpooktacular2018 #Dinosauria #SleepIsForTheWeak
https://buff.ly/2z2QgMY

Thanks to everyone sharing the codes here and (especially) in the Non-Banter thread, even if they are just $1 each! I missed the 3 AM code from earlier this morning, but the one nice thing about all the codes being $1 is that it's a lot less disappointing when you miss one!

Though it is pretty baffling (yet hilarious) to me that this year they're still doing middle-of-the-night (at least for their American customers) codes when all of them are only worth $1. Is it just so they can keep using that stupid "sleep is for the weak" slogan they trudge out every year during Spook?

"If you're weak and sleep overnight during Spook, you'll miss out on two or three $1 RP codes and the chance to enter a few product giveaways!"

The horror, the horror!

:lol

Back