Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and some people said Spooktacular was dead. We are a mere 7 hours in and already got $1. That $1,999 statue I was looking at will only cost me $1,998. It's like going back in time to prices of the past. Keep 'em coming Sideshow!

tradingplacesdukes.png

A dollar.

I feel like that was a feeler for Sideshow Admin to gauge how many people would implement the code into their accounts. It's exactly what I would do to determine how much I am giving out this event.

I hope this is right, and they will now increase the value of the codes.

That, or they'll just give us a constant stream of $1 ones!

$1.00?? I know they don't have to give away anything, but given this is their BIG sales event for the year, that seems a bizarre way to kick it off. Kind of a slap in the face of their primary customers. Well, I found $1.65 worth of change in the sofa the other day, so I guess I'm leading the pack...

Every year I am always amazed at how many people complain about getting free money. If you don't like getting a $1 then don't add it to your wallet.

Every year I am always amazed at how many people complain about getting free money. If you don't like getting a $1 then don't add it to your wallet.

Think the point is their products they carry keep escalating in price, and the RPs keep diminishing. The $1999 to $1998 point is dead on.

giphy.gif

I think you are misunderstanding what free money is. They aren't giving free money away. They are giving you reward points to be used as DISCOUNTS towards their merchandise. In no way are they giving free money away. I enjoy it but let's be real. Imagine going to your favorite place to eat and they told you there is $1 coupon off your meal but you only have a set time to redeem that coupon or you don't get it. Is it that big of a deal missing out on $1? No.

Last edited:
was it an email or facebook code? I got neither. Not sniveling just don't want to miss another.

But here's the thing! They don't have to give us a dime! The prices can rise as high as they want to and they still don't owe us a single reward point. Quit your sniveling. If you are solely dependent on reward points to cover costs then you are in the wrong hobby. If you don't like how Sideshow handles their reward points then go to BBTS or Secret Compass and then you don't need to worry about rewards ever again.

Ok fair point, so it's discounts towards their products that you get for free if you want. I agree with Craig completely, and the only reason I continue with this whole thing is that the points never expire. Once they do, I'll be done with SS myself.

giphy.gif

I think you are misunderstanding what free money is. They aren't giving free money away. They are giving you reward points to be used as DISCOUNTS towards their merchandise. In no way are they giving free money away. I enjoy it but let's be real. Imagine going to your favorite place to eat and they told you their is $1 coupon off your meal but you only have a set time to redeem that coupon or you don't get it. Is it that big of a deal missing out on $1? No.

You forgot to mention that its $1 off $550-$1000+ PFs.

SS needs the dollar more than I do.

giphy.gif

I think you are misunderstanding what free money is. They aren't giving free money away. They are giving you reward points to be used as DISCOUNTS towards their merchandise. In no way are they giving free money away. I enjoy it but let's be real. Imagine going to your favorite place to eat and they told you their is $1 coupon off your meal but you only have a set time to redeem that coupon or you don't get it. Is it that big of a deal missing out on $1? No.

True, but over time I've saved enough of these rewards points to pay for an entire HT figure.
It's a very long road but it can amount to a free figure or statue if you are patient. (Plus shipping, lol)

Ex: BBTS has the re-issue 43 at $359.99, with $4 flat rate shipping.

SS has it for $360 and we know the shipping will be $15-20. So why am I going to stress over these $1 RPs when it takes 8-12 of them to equal the same price as BBTS?! :dunno

It was totally different when you could rack up $60 with some effort. Just not worth keeping up with, IMO.

But I will be tuning in to watch them sit in a box fort and talk about what Transformer they'd be. :yess:

Back