Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC waiting for January code

Sideshow really always disappoints me with their codes. they usually don't work on pre-orders or anything I want.. Only their (selected overstock) and stuff that is sitting on their shelves or the sideshow ones nobody wants to buy. Like my god....... hope one day they just give you the damn code and the freedom to pick whatever you want.. A purchase is a purchase.

The only thing like that is the monthly $20 code that works on preorders a couple months old.

The $25 off codes are useless. For figures that sit around that long they'll be cheaper eventually.

Sideshow really always disappoints me with their codes. they usually don't work on pre-orders or anything I want.. Only their (selected overstock) and stuff that is sitting on their shelves or the sideshow ones nobody wants to buy. Like my god....... hope one day they just give you the damn code and the freedom to pick whatever you want.. A purchase is a purchase.

As JBot says, their mostly monthly $20 code will work on any figure that's been up for pre-order for a few months. Just have to be patient.

The US dollar is also strong versus many other currencies, so the price they have to pay other postal services for outbound international mail should also have decreased. But it is what it is.

They don't need to give you a discount at all, most places don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't need to give you a discount at all, most places don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, they really don't. They also don't have to give you reward points, contests, or the $50 reward points they handed out via codes during the holiday season. They do a lot more than other companies.

Which is a crock because gas has gone down considerably so their overhead should have decreased significantly as well.

You know what's a crock? The fact that all of the airlines added those stupid baggage fees back when gas was $5 / gallon. Those baggage surcharges sure as heck haven't gone away.

Sideshow really always disappoints me with their codes. they usually don't work on pre-orders

They always work on all pre-orders. All. The. Time.

For the 101st time: Monthly coupon codes are applicable to any item listed on the site prior to the 1st of the month before the coupon code. So if the coupon code is for January, it will work on anything listed before December 1st, including pre-orders. If it doesn't, then it's a database error and you can report it to Sideshow and they'll fix it. Simple. That's it.

So SS eventually discounts slow sellers? Tossing up whether to use $25 code on Red Five Luke Skywalker.
It all depends, but usually there are discounts through the year. There might be a 20-25% off code valid on certain figures. I remember the AoU WM got 20% off a month after I paid full price.

I'm waiting on a 20% off code for Luke. Don't think we'd ever see any more than that on the exclusive (which could sell out before it's discounted more than the $25).

You know what's a crock? The fact that all of the airlines added those stupid baggage fees back when gas was $5 / gallon. Those baggage surcharges sure as heck haven't gone away.

not sure what that has to do with USPS raising their rates, but ok :dunno

I'm waiting on a 20% off code for Luke. Don't think we'd ever see any more than that on the exclusive (which could sell out before it's discounted more than the $25).

:tap For what it is this really needs to get below 200 shipped. Don't really care if I miss the exclusive.

Edit: Did the smart thing and read a couple of posts. I can see there's no code for this month, apparently?

I want to grab the MMS Batman. Maybe I should wait for February?

That's the excuse that most companies have used. The gas is so high. But you don't see the price of anything going down, despite gas being under $1.00 in certain places.

I'm hoping the Red 5 Luke gets down to that price eventually too. I don't really care if I miss the exclusive to be honest.

Back