Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings no NOV code yet

I have to wonder how many of these guys will buy from PC again at regular prices. No one cared about them until the glitch. Good for them for getting the deals, but now what?

I have spent thousands of dollars with them before the sale, I spent $1,500 during their sale and I just pre-ordered Vader and Leia from them for about $40 dollars cheaper for each figure vs sideshow shipped. No way I would user them again..... Said no one ever.:lol

Ok so my falcon has come from the great popcultcha sale of 2015! But my customs charge was £36 which to be honest isn't much better than what I pay FedEx through sideshow.
Now base this on AOU Hulk that shipped direct from Hong Kong and arrived yesterday with a charge of £22!! And it's huge!

Can anyone here recommend a good Hong Kong based hot toys seller please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just pre-ordered Vader and Leia from them for about $40 dollars cheaper for each figure vs sideshow shipped

Are you getting them shipped to the US? I checked the price on Luke yesterday and it wasn't cheaper than SSC. Even after removing all AUS taxes, it was $20-30 more after shipping. Today the price is different and there's a $17 shipping option that wasn't there yesterday - but it's still more expensive nonetheless.

Luke Skywalker

PPC: $226.64 + $17.81 (Pack and Track) shipping = $244.45
SSC: $229.99 + $10 (UPS Ground) shipping = $239.99

Leia (shows up at $213 US on product page, then jumps to $299 when added to cart - PPC's web site is trash)

PPC: $299 + $25 (Pack and Track) shipping = $324.99 (even if you use $213 + $18 it's $231)
SSC: $204.99 + ?? shipping = undetermined ATM ($224 if you estimate $20 shipping)

I want whatever crazy calculators some of you guys are using!

Last edited:

Are you getting them shipped to the US? I checked the price on Luke yesterday and it wasn't cheaper than SSC. Even after removing all AUS taxes, it was $20-30 more after shipping. Today the price is different and there's a $17 shipping option that wasn't there yesterday - but it's still more expensive nonetheless.

Luke Skywalker

Leia (shows up at $213 US on product page, then jumps to $299 when added to cart - PPC's web site is trash)

PPC: $299 + $25 (Pack and Track) shipping = $324.99 (even if you use $213 + $18 it's $231)
SSC: $204.99 + ?? shipping = undetermined ATM ($224 if you estimate $20 shipping)

That's what I was wondering myself. The things I want are more through PC.

I have to wonder how many of these guys will buy from PC again at regular prices. No one cared about them until the glitch. Good for them for getting the deals, but now what?

I preordered Han & Chewie from them months ago because they were more than $50 cheaper than anyone else at $424 shipped. I received it yesterday. If they continue having non-sale prices like that, I'll definitely be buying from them in the future, even if I have to wait a month or two longer than buying from SS. :D

Some of the "deals" are strictly because of positive changes in the value of the US dollar. If the rate goes the other way or simply stays at a stable level over the next purchasing and sales cycle, you won't see "deals" like this.

Some of the "deals" are strictly because of positive changes in the value of the US dollar. If the rate goes the other way or simply stays at a stable level over the next purchasing and sales cycle, you won't see "deals" like this.
It's still a "deal" for folks in the US regardless of the reason.

My order from PC arrived yesterday... Ordered TWS Falcon, AoU Hawkeye, and AoU Black Widow during their Halloween sale. When I opened the (big) box, I found Falcon, Hawkeye... but no Widow. Instead I got a Chitauri Commander and Soldier set???

Ergh... need to contact PC about this. Although, with me living in the US and them in Australia I'm not sure how much can be done... I'll let them know and see what happens.

It's still a "deal" for folks in the US regardless of the reason.

Didn't say it wasn't - just said don't expect such "deals" to last forever because they're predicated by the unique changes in ForEx between the procurement and sale periods.

Today however, even with whatever exchange anomalies you'd care to factor, there's no deal to be had on Luke or Leia as previously mentioned.

Luke Skywalker

It appears that sometimes when an item is added to the cart it returns to AUD less GST. As the Leia is originally 329.99 AUD, which less the 10% GST would be the 299.99 stated, but in AUD.

You're probably right regarding their site for international orders, but the site is far from trash. But then again if it wasn't for any said problems there wouldn't have been the glitch sale. For local orders it's more or less great.

And regarding the AUD it is expected to go down from the current 0.70 to 0.60 and possibly lower (some have said even worse in 12 months time).

Your probably right on this, as most of the items where US people got great deals were for items that were originally listed to the Popcultcha website when the AUD was at parity with the US dollar. So now with the AUD at 0.70 for every US dollar thats the additional discount you guys are getting.

But with newly listed items those discounts won't exist. And it gets very expensive for us Aussie collectors. Statues have gone from $500 to $750 a piece in just over a year.

I know its slightly irrational, but it drives me crazy when US collectors complain about $20 dollar increases, when those outside the US have to deal with much higher increases.

My order from PC arrived yesterday... Ordered TWS Falcon, AoU Hawkeye, and AoU Black Widow during their Halloween sale. When I opened the (big) box, I found Falcon, Hawkeye... but no Widow. Instead I got a Chitauri Commander and Soldier set???

Ergh... need to contact PC about this. Although, with me living in the US and them in Australia I'm not sure how much can be done... I'll let them know and see what happens.

Damn thats terrible. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you. But Popcultcha are not known for their prompt after sales service. Best case scenario they tell you to keep it :pray: while they send you the proper item.

Luke Skywalker

Yeah the site is "glitchy" that is for sure. Leia shows $299, then on product page $213, then $299 in cart (US $)

Sideshow for me would be $193 for Leia when you factor in $20 coupon and 5% rewards. $205-$20 coupon = $185 * 5% = $175.75 + ~$18 shipping

Speaking of shipping, why is sideshow charging so much? My company's cost (which ships a lot less than sideshow) would be $9 for a 3lb package, $10 for a 5lb package, regular UPS Ground, add $2.50 for signature requirement, add $3 for insurance of $200-$299.

they seem to charge me around that same $18 even when I don't have to sign for it, and if I do have to sign and its a 4lb package worth $250, their cost is $15.50 or less. Seems a little shady to be adding profit to SHIPPING! that's like infomercial crap. And I really wonder if they fully insure every shipment!

And I really wonder if they fully insure every shipment!

Almost seems like they shouldn't bother if they do. Anytime there's a problem they just make me destroy the piece and they send a new one.

Damn thats terrible. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you. But Popcultcha are not known for their prompt after sales service. Best case scenario they tell you to keep it :pray: while they send you the proper item.

Thanks Phoenix! I'll see what happens. It's annoying but I bet they were flooded with orders. I'm thinking someone else may have gotten my Widow haha...

Thought I'd post this since it appears no one else has. ToyWars.com is offering 13% off & triple award points on orders and pre-orders today.

Code: FRIDAY13

They don't carry Sideshow, but they do have Anovos, GG, eFx, XM, DC Direct, Museum Replicas, and several other manufactures. Could save yourself a chunk of change on some of those higher end items...

Back