Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

I thought the sale was through Monday?

Just a little heads up to everyone that orders from Popcultcha, they won't give you a refund if you attempt to cancel an order, just store credit. :(

I ordered two Hot Toys (I waited until after the glitch unfortunately, because I assumed they would all get cancelled and wanted to avoid that potential mess), and they were being discounted 20% BEFORE the cart at this point, but not in the cart again like at first. Later that day, they changed it from before the cart, to just in the cart, so I messaged them through their site and through FB to cancel that first order because when I did the exact same order again, it was $21 cheaper now.

Last night they messaged me that the first order had been cancelled, but they don't refund back to the payment method, only give store credit or transfer it to an existing preorder. :/

Kind of bummed because it was close to $400 and their prices on things I would like to buy now aren't that great. I asked if they would have a similar sale for BF or before Christmas and all they said was "more than likely, but the issues they had with this sale will need to be corrected first.", whatever that means.

I'm guessing they lost their asses on Hot Toys sales.

Just a little heads up to everyone that orders from Popcultcha, they won't give you a refund if you attempt to cancel an order, just store credit. :(

I ordered two Hot Toys (I waited until after the glitch unfortunately, because I assumed they would all get cancelled and wanted to avoid that potential mess), and they were being discounted 20% BEFORE the cart at this point, but not in the cart again like at first. Later that day, they changed it from before the cart, to just in the cart, so I messaged them through their site and through FB to cancel that first order because when I did the exact same order again, it was $21 cheaper now.

Last night they messaged me that the first order had been cancelled, but they don't refund back to the payment method, only give store credit or transfer it to an existing preorder. :/

Kind of bummed because it was close to $400 and their prices on things I would like to buy now aren't that great. I asked if they would have a similar sale for BF or before Christmas and all they said was "more than likely, but the issues they had with this sale will need to be corrected first.", whatever that means.

I'm guessing they lost their asses on Hot Toys sales.

You did have to option to take the order and you elected to cancel through correct? You would have been better off taking the order and selling the figures on ebay or in the B/S/T forum instead of the credit. I would not get wishy washy for $20 dollars just to have my funds tied up.

Take it as a lesson learned. Don't buy something you are not 100% going to want. If you really liked those figures a 20% off should have been good enough but a store credit was more valuable to take over the figures. They must not have been something you really wanted.

You did have to option to take the order and you elected to cancel through correct? You would have been better off taking the order and selling the figures on ebay or in the B/S/T forum instead of the credit. I would not get wishy washy for $20 dollars just to have my funds tied up in store credit.

Take it as a lesson learned. Don't buy something you are not 100% going to want. If you really liked those figures a 20% off should have been good enough but a store credit was more valuable to take over the figures. They must not have been something you really wanted.

It wasn't something I wanted duplicates of and I had no idea that's what their policy was, I've never seen a refund policy like that anywhere I've ever shopped online. Anyway, I was merely giving others a heads up, sorry for trying to be helpful. Thanks for your kind and wise insight, but keep it to yourself next time, it was completely pointless. ;)

It wasn't something I wanted duplicates of and I had no idea that's what their policy was, I've never seen a refund policy like that anywhere I've ever shopped online. Anyway, I was merely giving others a heads up, sorry for trying to be helpful. Thanks for your kind and wise insight, but keep it to yourself next time, it was completely pointless. ;)

K, enjoy finding something to buy. Thanks for sharing.:)

FYI 20% off @ midtown comics on all in-stock items for first time buyer using midtowncomics app. Just bought a wolverine dofp for $222 (shipping is $22). I was desperate to get this figure & happy that I'll finally get it with a good deal.

Wow.... the deals are still good..... $129 for some figures.... how bad is the AUD? (don't mean to offend anyone, just curious).

Yeah, I picked up Captain Harlock after the glitch and got 20% off of $129. After shipping the figure came out to be right around $130. When I looked at stuff while the glitch was still on the website, I don't remember the Harlock figure being any cheaper, but I know other figures were cheaper than their sale prices. Like the Celtic Predator was around $184.

FYI 20% off @ midtown comics on all in-stock items for first time buyer using midtowncomics app. Just bought a wolverine dofp for $222 (shipping is $22). I was desperate to get this figure & happy that I'll finally get it with a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up. :duff

Shipping almost kills the discount (it was shipped priority for me, which I know in reality is $7 from NY to CT, but they charge $25), but was still able to pick up the Hot Toys Kenobi for $198 shipped, which is about the best I could ever get from Sideshow (after using a $20 coupon and factoring in the rewards).

Crap just realized he was technically a pre-order, though they did still apply the 20%. Will have to see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up. :duff

Shipping almost kills the discount (it was shipped priority for me, which I know in reality is $7 from NY to CT, but they charge $25), but was still able to pick up the Hot Toys Kenobi for $198 shipped, which is about the best I could ever get from Sideshow (after using a $20 coupon and factoring in the rewards).

Crap just realized he was technically a pre-order, though they did still apply the 20%. Will have to see what happens.

yea they are DEF making up the discount back on shipping!!
i looked at a few things that is standard shipping on sideshow for $10... and they are charging $26-$32. not much of discount when they tack on an additional 12% in overcharged shipping!

I think that's the site that had Thor 40% off a couple months back, and shipping was over $30. I said screw that noise, not paying that.

Yeah, unfortunately they just charge based strictly on price, with no regard to where you live and how much the item really weighs, etc. Still was the cheapest I could get Kenobi for anywhere right now though, and it looks like it was a standard order as I see their pre-orders say "advance order" whereas Kenobi said "add to cart"

Post from them on FB
Popcultcha SupaStore

Hey guys

This mornings pennies issue has now been fixed and they should be behaving as normal. We have begun the process of invoicing off the weekends David Lee Goth's Monster Mash Sale orders and we expect this process to take approximately a week to get all orders out the door. Please have patience and stay tuned to your email for updates.

Happy Halloween
The Team @ Popcultcha

"Invoicing off" What does that mean? There canceling the orders?? But in the same post they are also saying it will take a week but they will ship the items????

Yeah, unfortunately they just charge based strictly on price, with no regard to where you live and how much the item really weighs, etc. Still was the cheapest I could get Kenobi for anywhere right now though, and it looks like it was a standard order as I see their pre-orders say "advance order" whereas Kenobi said "add to cart"

Well if it works on PO that's great. Maybe it will work on bigger items like the hulkbuster. Of course they might charge 100 bucks for shipping. As for me, $38 savings for the wolverine is still a great deal considering it's already WL in sideshow.

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

"Invoicing off" What does that mean? There canceling the orders?? But in the same post they are also saying it will take a week but they will ship the items????

This means the place they are invoicing off of, or from, is the weekend's orders. Not that I ordered anything there. I just read the comments here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea they are DEF making up the discount back on shipping!!
i looked at a few things that is standard shipping on sideshow for $10... and they are charging $26-$32. not much of discount when they tack on an additional 12% in overcharged shipping!
The more a company ships the better a deal they will get from the courier.
I would think SS ship considerably more items than these guys.

To people saying PopCultcha is making money on shipping, I would have to disagree. Shipping in general is expensive these days. Most items from SSC are no longer 10.00, and even if they were that is not the "real" cost of shipping. Shipping these days is calculated off "dimensional" weight of the item. Even if your package weighs 4 lbs, they calculate the size of the box as well. The size of the box adds to the "dimensional" weight pricing structure.

I think for anyone who sells on Ebay, Forums, or other methods understand shipping is pretty expensive either way.

PopCultcha shipping method to the US for the majority of orders will be "ECI" which is an Express service, like EMS. The cheaper options which take 14-20 days are not offered on larger sized boxes. This is the same practice from any retailer outside the US that once you hit a certain sized package it must be shipped EMS or express.

Definition of ECI:
ECI or Express Courier International (Fastest Service, Fully Tracked Parcels) – the parcel is sent through Australia Post ECI system which generally guarantees delivery in 3-10 business days on all Zones.

Hope this helps explain shipping

Back