Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Have a few noob questions about discount codes. Though i believe i know most of the answers to those, i thought i'd still ask to the rebate masters around here :monkey3

1- Are codes only valid for one ordered item? Can't use them multiple times?
2- Are codes always issued once a month or can several codes be issued in that period of time?
3- Beside specific codes attached to certain items, is there a way to learn on which items general codes are working prior to (re)order?

4a- When reordering an item to apply a dicount code, is there a specific procedure to follow beside cancelling initial order and putting in a new one?
4b- Time period between each action?
4c- Waiting for cancellation confirmation mail from SSC?

Many thanks for all the light you can share on this.

Oh, I completely forgot about that code. I do believe that's where the trouble began. A lot of people posting in the thread at the time said they were calling CS and that there was "legal precedent" that SS should honor the $150 off code even if it was accidental.

I'm by no means saying it's right but the practice of honoring such incidents isn't unheard of. Not long ago if an item was mislabeled or a coupon overpriced stores would honor it because it was their mistake and it could potentially tick off a large customer base. At $150 dollars I can see why SS would do the texas side step instead of allow hundreds (thousands?) the discount. Don't necessarily blame them.

I'm by no means saying it's right but the practice of honoring such incidents isn't unheard of.

The big difference here was that SIdeshow didn't offer nor publish any $150 discount. Someone just happened to try that GALAXY code and that result showed up.

1754215_o.gif

I agree.

I'm by no means saying it's right but the practice of honoring such incidents isn't unheard of. Not long ago if an item was mislabeled or a coupon overpriced stores would honor it because it was their mistake and it could potentially tick off a large customer base. At $150 dollars I can see why SS would do the texas side step instead of allow hundreds (thousands?) the discount. Don't necessarily blame them.

The thing was, I remember reading that the code wasn't even put up by Sideshow. Someone was trying random codes and discovered what turned out to be this old leftover or unused code from a GOTG showing event. Anyway, word got out about the code...

EDIT: just saw Pixels post - yes.

Anyway, this began the whole 'entitlement' conversation -- I really should quote conversation.

Last edited:

Have a few noob questions about discount codes. Though i believe i know most of the answers to those, i thought i'd still ask to the rebate masters around here :monkey3

1- Are codes only valid for one ordered item? Can't use them multiple times? Some codes can be used on multiple items in the same order but only used once
2- Are codes always issued once a month or can several codes be issued in that period of time? They usually have a monthly code circulating but other promotional codes can pop up from time to time
3- Beside specific codes attached to certain items, is there a way to learn on which items general codes are working prior to (re)order? If you check your saved codes you can click the link next to them to check the eligible items for that code

4a- When reordering an item to apply a discount code, is there a specific procedure to follow beside cancelling initial order and putting in a new one? You would have to call SS and speak with them
4b- Time period between each action?
4c- Waiting for cancellation confirmation mail from SSC?

I didn't quite understand the questions for 4b & 4c

So I managed to get $60 in rewards this spook and I really appreciate the emails and quick posts for promo codes. So thank you everyone for making this spook fun and enjoyable.

Yeah I thought Spook was pretty good. I think I entered 7 codes total and placed 3 orders. I had $18.50 in rewards points last monday. Today I checked and (total & pending) have $131.60 in reward points. So in 40 days, I am going to order another HT piece. I just don't know which one yet. Right now its a toss up between Spiderman 2 and Winter Soldier Captain America.

Yeah I thought Spook was pretty good. I think I entered 7 codes total and placed 3 orders. I had $18.50 in rewards points last monday. Today I checked and (total & pending) have $131.60 in reward points. So in 40 days, I am going to order another HT piece. I just don't know which one yet. Right now its a toss up between Spiderman 2 and Winter Soldier Captain America.

Yeah. I went from around $120 to around $200 or so with pending. Finally getting my dream Hulk 2 pack and finishing up some holes in my Joe collection, getting to have fun with all you sleep deprived bitches was just the bonus icing on the cake, sucks too much that all that fun had to be sullied with the infidels. :lol

Is everyone's order still processing? Mine hasn't even been charged yet (ordered Friday).

Is everyone's order still processing? Mine hasn't even been charged yet (ordered Friday).

My order is still processing for Supes and Zod. I called them today and had them place an order for Jor-El for me (since it wouldn't let me use the 30% off because of the stupid bundle "deal") and the woman I spoke with said it would ship today. I'm hoping to get the shipping confirmation for all 3.

My order is still processing for Supes and Zod. I called them today and had them place an order for Jor-El for me (since it wouldn't let me use the 30% off because of the stupid bundle "deal") and the woman I spoke with said it would ship today. I'm hoping to get the shipping confirmation for all 3.

Did they give you the Jor-els with 30% off ?

I would like to change my answer. I forgot that both of mine have changed to "shipping soon".

All mine shipped right away except for the one I placed last night. As of right now I have one to be del Tues, Wed, Thurs I had placed those orders the 29th 30th and 31st.

1- Are codes only valid for one ordered item? Can't use them multiple times? Answered by Chronos
2- Are codes always issued once a month or can several codes be issued in that period of time? Answered by Chronos
3- Beside specific codes attached to certain items, is there a way to learn on which items general codes are working prior to (re)order? Answered by Chronos

4a- When reordering an item to apply a dicount code, is there a specific procedure to follow beside cancelling initial order and putting in a new one? I have done this twice, with no problem. If there is a limit of 1 item per costumer, you should call SSC before cancelling.
4b- Time period between each action? Both times I reordered a figure, I did it immediately. Didn't actually waited for email confirmation.
4c- Waiting for cancellation confirmation mail from SSC? See previous answer.

Hope my answers help, though I'm a nOOb too...

They did. I'm trying to talk to them again though, because they messed up the rewards points on it.

Cool glad that they did that for you, and i ordered superman and zod an the rewards got messed up as to.. Let me know how well your situation goes with them giving you the missing reward points, thanks

Oh schnep, that SSC twitter contest I won back in May for a 1/6 Mk 42, I emailed them last week about it since it was forgotten and they had one shipped out right away, turned out to be the Die Cast version and not the Power Pose! :yess:

Back