Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and Spooktacular codes - FR33COD3Z for $5

I received a twitter notification telling me to e-mail the given address to claim my prize (Bruce Banner). Sent an e-mail with the attention "chicky". Got an e-mail back saying "no chicky living here." Double-checked the twitter post and realized it was from Susan for winning the Zartan contest.

@_@

Wow, woke up about 20 mins ago and just fought up with events in here while I was was asleep. Seriously wtf, freaks getting a bad rep with SS over fake codes? :dunno

Can we make threads private or invisible to non-members?

I think Gotham is ok too btw. :lol

Also I'm a member of the never wins club too! :rotfl

This whole "I can't believe people are calling CS about the fake codes" thing reminds me of an incident a few years back where some people started hiding strange box-like objects in Boston in places like bridge trestles and attached to telephone poles. The city went on a terrorist alert because no one knew if the objects were bombs or what. It turned out that the objects were supposed to represent a character on an Adult Swim TV show called Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as part of a guerilla ad campaign for the show, and then when that was revealed the internet erupted with outrage that Boston could be so stupid as to not get it. Because, you know...Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's just such a well-known, world-spanning media juggernaut, right? Of course it's Boston's fault for thinking that shady guys attaching box-like objects to bridge trestles might be dangerous. The internet was pretty unforgivably stupid that day. Cartoon Network paid Boston a lot of money and apologized. Also, I believe Boston arrested the asshats who were attaching things to bridges.

By the way, not all the fakes were of the D1CKW4D or CRA1G5M0M variety. Some looked like they might be real, and they did indeed waste my time. I don't resent the fact that they were posted--I resent the fact that they were posted and they weren't funny. A fake code should be obvious and it should be funny. It shouldn't be a "Gotcha!" thing where the object is to get people to try typing it in on Sideshow's site.

This year Coors did something similar and got in to a lot of trouble because they attached on of the cases to a pole right be side Tornoto's transit system and someone called it in thinking it was a bomb. Police shutdown transit for a few hours. What was funny is it had the Coors logo all over it.

This year Coors did something similar and got in to a lot of trouble because they attached on of the cases to a pole right be side Tornoto's transit system and someone called it in thinking it was a bomb. Police shutdown transit for a few hours. What was funny is it had the Coors logo all over it.

Beer Bombs :lol

Idea: Take note of the **** heads who want to come in and dictate what we do between code announcements, do this in a private invite section next year where it's invite only. How do you think these people bitching about having to search through for their free handouts would feel if the free handouts disappear. I already gave rep to night for answers and I got to give much more to the people busting their ass to make this happen. :clap :hi5: :duff

To the leeches 'who are too busy' to help, dont get codes in time, or any other excuse, maybe you should just thank cof, pixel, etc... next time and take you're handed freebie cash and be grateful rather than bitching. If you don't like the way a party is being run.... run your own.

Well said sir!

Slutty_DumbandDumber.jpg

This would make watching Dumb and Dumber to way better

Idea: Take note of the **** heads who want to come in and dictate what we do between code announcements, do this in a private invite section next year where it's invite only. How do you think these people bitching about having to search through for their free handouts would feel if the free handouts disappear. I already gave rep to night for answers and I got to give much more to the people busting their ass to make this happen. :clap :hi5: :duff

To the leeches 'who are too busy' to help, dont get codes in time, or any other excuse, maybe you should just thank cof, pixel, etc... next time and take you're handed freebie cash and be grateful rather than bitching. If you don't like the way a party is being run.... run your own.

:bow :goodpost:

Ive already sent rep, but an ongoing thanks to those who have helped make this a memorable first Spook for me :duff

Another thing I learned from this thread, people like to complain and will find things to get riled up about, perhaps even more so during a festive celebration.

Happy Halloween to the grumps! :duff
You can't poo on Spooktacular.

Wow, woke up about 20 mins ago and just fought up with events in here while I was was asleep. Seriously wtf, freaks getting a bad rep with SS over fake codes? :dunno

Can we make threads private or invisible to non-members?

I think Gotham is ok too btw. :lol

Also I'm a member of the never wins club too! :rotfl

Thing is, it isn't just non-members that are complaining. Members also are. There are boards that not everyone can see. Those are for the Premium members.

:bow :goodpost:

Ive already sent rep, but an ongoing thanks to those who have helped make this a memorable first Spook for me :duff

:duff
They've definitely earned it.

I agree private invite only.. and I still don't understand how some people complain about free money and great discount that's way beyond me.

Thing is, it isn't just non-members that are complaining. Members also are. There are boards that not everyone can see. Those are for the Premium members.

Maybe it's time I threw down the cash to sit at the big table ha! :lol

Back