Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn nothing works on Crow. :gah:

Crow came out recently in the last 2 months I think, wait for next month's coupon or the one after that, I'm sure it'll work eventually, mate. I venture to guess that the pre-orders need to have been established at least 3-4 months, possibly a little more, before coupons start working on them.

Anyways, I really wish that there'd be a code that worked with Jor-El. I still want to order him but would like it more if it was about $20 less.

Yea I too have been waiting on a code that will work on JorEl and Zod. I have both on PO already but will cancel and reorder when a code hits that works on one of them.

We're in the 21st century. :) All banks have the ability to set up your own pre-authorized payments/transfers between accounts on whatever schedule you wish. You don't have to "remember" anything.

Anyway, this would be moot if Sideshow would simply allow pre-order items to have the same benefits as in-stock items when using Flex - the first payment is scheduled after the item has actually been released. I'm sure a lot of people would jump on this.

But as said, there no way in hell that any Sideshow-branded 1/6 figure is going to sell out in today's market before it's in stock, so there're not much need to pre-order anyway.

The Cobra Commander ex is on wait list.

The Cobra Commander ex is on wait list.

Ok, maybe I should have made an exception for "EX" packing. The regular version of course, on Sideshow's site, can ordered up to 6 at a time right now. Doubtful it will sell out until well after it's shipping.

We're in the 21st century. :) All banks have the ability to set up your own pre-authorized payments/transfers between accounts on whatever schedule you wish. You don't have to "remember" anything.

Anyway, this would be moot if Sideshow would simply allow pre-order items to have the same benefits as in-stock items when using Flex - the first payment is scheduled after the item has actually been released. I'm sure a lot of people would jump on this.

But as said, there no way in hell that any Sideshow-branded 1/6 figure is going to sell out in today's market before it's in stock, so there're not much need to pre-order anyway.

Yes, you can, but I don't think SSC would accept transfers from your bank and if they did, you would have to contact them to set it up... More work than simple flex pay. But again, the main point is that this whole thought of interest is a matter if pennies on the dollar.

I do agree tho that were the option to start flexing once an item comes in stock, while still reserving a preorder, existed, I would use it. Not always, but for some things I would.

Yes, you can, but I don't think SSC would accept transfers from your bank and if they did, you would have to contact them to set it up... More work than simple flex pay. But again, the main point is that this whole thought of interest is a matter if pennies on the dollar.

1) you dont need to transfer money to SS. they charge your card and you pay it off from your bank account.

2) forget interest. id rather have my money available to me if i need it in my account, not sideshows account.

1) you dont need to transfer money to SS. they charge your card and you pay it off from your bank account.

2) forget interest. id rather have my money available to me if i need it in my account, not sideshows account.

You mean charging a CC and then you pay from a bank? Why not just have them charge a debit card? These differences everyone is talking about are so minor.

As to your second point, that's totally fair and why I only use flex pay on stuff I am totally sure I want. For things I may change my mind on, like the white fett, I just preorder it regularly and will make sure I have funds available when it's released if I decide to keep it.

Otherwise, if I know I want to spend $600 on a Gladiator Hulk, it's just easier all the way around for me to just flex the sucker on preorder, for a variety of reasons. If I'd rather have my money available to me rather than in sideshow's account,I guess I don't really want it, do I? That's called not wanting to pay for something.

You mean charging a CC and then you pay from a bank? Why not just have them charge a debit card?

most people get rewards from their credit cards. it also helps build your credit score by using credit cards and paying the balance off every month.

if you look at everything here in its totality, there are better ways to handle your money than to use flex pay. its not a life altering event, but some people would say that the things we are talking about here are simply financial habits to those who are financially savvy. we dont just handle our doll collections this way, we do everything this way. so to some it may be pennies, to others it may come down to living a fiscally responsible lifestyle. nothing more.

most people get rewards from their credit cards. it also helps build your credit score by using credit cards and paying the balance off every month.

if you look at everything here in its totality, there are better ways to handle your money than to use flex pay. its not a life altering event, but some people would say that the things we are talking about here are simply financial habits to those who are financially savvy. we dont just handle our doll collections this way, we do everything this way. so to some it may be pennies, to others it may come down to living a fiscally responsible lifestyle. nothing more.

I suppose. If you are insinuating however that not caring about these pennies makes one financially irresponsible, or at the least, not financially savvy, then that would be ridiculous. Not sure if you are doing that though. Seems like you might be.

And so just use flex pay on your credit card. Get the points. Pay it off. Enjoy the extra half a percent of $60 you got that month from your savings account :). I guess I'm missing out on those pennies, but luckily I make enough money, and handle it well enough, that they mean virtually nothing to me or my lifestyle.

The part of this argument I don't understand is that if I need to have money available that badly wouldn't it be better to have it broken up as flex pay allows you to do rather than pay one large sum? Realistically if you're buying something from them anyways you'll end up paying them so what's the difference if it's done all at once or in a series of payments? I guess it's just a matter of perspective but I really don't get the argument that flex pay is somehow a worse option than paying all at once.

I suppose. If you are insinuating however that not caring about these pennies makes one financially irresponsible, or at the least, not financially savvy, then that would be ridiculous. Not sure if you are doing that though. Seems like you might be.

And so just use flex pay on your credit card. Get the points. Pay it off. Enjoy the extra half a percent of $60 you got that month from your savings account :). I guess I'm missing out on those pennies, but luckily I make enough money, and handle it well enough, that they mean virtually nothing to me or my lifestyle.

I'm done going in circles with you. :panic:

Sorry, but after being bored to death from reading several pages of humorous attemts at financial advice, I gave up trying to actually find the coupon code. Would some mind posting it again?

thanks

Last edited:
The part of this argument I don't understand is that if I need to have money available that badly wouldn't it be better to have it broken up as flex pay allows you to do rather than pay one large sum? Realistically if you're buying something from them anyways you'll end up paying them so what's the difference if it's done all at once or in a series of payments? I guess it's just a matter of perspective but I really don't get the argument that flex pay is somehow a worse option than paying all at once.

While I understand the anti-flex argument, I just think it's a bit silly. You pay in this life for conveniences, and the miniscule savings benefits of not using flex pay don't outweigh the convenience i give up.

I also sense there is an underlying thing that isn't getting quite as enumerated as the "fiscal responsibility" aspect, and that is a fundamental qualm they have with paying for something that technically doesn't exist yet. That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But the fiscal side of it is getting puffed up to greater proportions in lieu of what I feel is the more central issue here.

I'm done going in circles with you. :panic:

I think between us we've only made 4 points to each other, 2 each, and you can't make a circle from 4 points. That's a square. :)

Sorry, but after be bored to death from reading several pages of humorous attemts at financial advice, I gave up trying to actually find the coupon code. Would some mind posting it again?

thanks

Spookyfest

Back