Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed that one by a lot! I was out fixing Christmas lights! :rotfl

LOL that's how I missed the last one!

I got this one though, thanks to the Statue Forum. Nothing from Taptalk at all. Has anyone gotten anything from Taptalk for the last 2 codes?

ETA: Just got a Taptalk alert for a different thread I'm subscribed to here. That one came 10 minutes after the post was made. I never got the alerts for the last 2 codes.

Last edited:
Autumn on Facebook announced new changes to the rewards program. Beginning in January, reward points will have an expiration date - 1 year from activation.

I'd anyone hasn't seen it yet, Sideshow is adding a year expiration date to Reward Points and they cannot be applied to purchases $50 or less starting this upcoming year, most likely due in part to those who've been hoarding excessive amounts of free reward codes:

Rewards now expire.
As of January 1, 2021, Sideshow Rewards will expire 1 year from their activation.
Sideshow Rewards listed as PENDING are not ACTIVE and therefore not assigned an expiration date until they become active to use.
Any Rewards active in your account as of January 1, 2021 will expire on January 1, 2022.

Items $50 or under.
Items with an SRP (Suggested Retail Price) of $50 or less are not eligible to be purchased with Sideshow Rewards - unless specifically designated as such.
However, items with an SRP (Suggested Retail Price) of $50 or less are eligible to earn Sideshow Rewards.

Updated Terms and Agreements here: https://sideshow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212276758-Sideshow-Rewards-Terms

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

most likely due in part to those who've been hoarding excessive amounts of free reward codes:

I don't know if that would be even part of the reasoning. More than likely it's just a change of business model due to the economic times. I "hoard" my points, if you want to call it that. I haven't blown them all on one big purchase. But I've used them to get a 1/6 figure half off at times.
I usually use them to cut out the cost of shipping and taxes.

I don't know if that would be even part of the reasoning. More than likely it's just a change of business model due to the economic times. I "hoard" my points, if you want to call it that. I haven't blown them all on one big purchase. But I've used them to get a 1/6 figure half off at times.
I usually use them to cut out the cost of shipping and taxes.
Fair, that may have been harsh to call it "hoarding" as I've also usually saved up points to meet at least half of the cost of a purchase, nevertheless there's probably an explanation that deals with unspent dollar amounts and the decrease in profits (increase in shipping) due to the current economic climate.

Fair, that may have been harsh to call it "hoarding" as I've also usually saved up points to meet at least half of the cost of a purchase, nevertheless there's probably an explanation that deals with unspent dollar amounts and the decrease in profits (increase in shipping) due to the current economic climate.

I'm a point hoarder. Last year I pre ordered both Miles and Gwen Stacy HT figures using only points and am back up to nearly $500 again. That was after over a decade of accumulation, though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Autumn on Facebook announced new changes to the rewards program. Beginning in January, reward points will have an expiration date - 1 year from activation.

I hope they use the FIFO method with these - i.e., if I have $250 in rewards and decide to use $75 on a purchase, they'll use the oldest rewards first. Seems like we'll have to use them in the same increments as they're awarded, otherwise it'll be a nightmare for them to keep track.

I think I'll be using ALL my reward points on my next order. :lol

That's a bit crappy of them. I'm a hoarder as well, but it's mostly because I've become very selective in what I buy. Heck last year I didn't get a single figure at all. But this year I got 5. I've got 3 on pre-order for next year, and possibly one or two more to pre-order (one of which won't be out til 2022!). So it's not necessarily that I'm "hoarding". It's just that I choose what I buy carefully and there simply hasn't been anything I'm interested in. (BESPIN HAN!!!)

And I agree with the Buffinator--they better not use the newest rewards first just so they can delete the old ones! :mad:

And yes, I guess I'll have to use up all my points in my next couple of orders!

I hope they use the FIFO method with these - i.e., if I have $250 in rewards and decide to use $75 on a purchase, they'll use the oldest rewards first. Seems like we'll have to use them in the same increments as they're awarded, otherwise it'll be a nightmare for them to keep track.

I think I'll be using ALL my reward points on my next order. [emoji38]
They have confirmed over on the Facebook "Let Your Geek Sideshow" group that the older reward amounts are used up first, then the new ones that are issued. All of your current rewards points will not expire until January 1st of 2022.

Well, the craziest rewards program I've ever known about how to be changed to be made worse at some point. It was inevitable that they eventually had to put some kind of limitation or expiration dates on the insane amount of money they've given away for free in recent years, but it was great while it lasted, everyone!

I'm very glad that they're giving us over a year before any of our current points expire, though!

Seems like Sideshow are just trying to slowly phase out Rewards honestly. Its been pretty clear over the last couple events.

Not sure why they are doing this other than because they are losing too much money on Rewards. This does not benefit the consumer in any way whatsoever.

Everybody is changing or ?cutting back? collectors are more selective many incomes have changed I am not surprised at all. In fact this is just the beginning of changes...

So let me get this straight and clear. The points we have right now are going to all expire in January 1st 2022? So in other words the rewards will be wiped clean on Jan 1st 22 unless you bought something/have pending points in 2021?

Back