Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only issue is that now it's really really difficult, because I guess they determined that putting the code in the item page was too easy, and then reading the code in the proper order was too easy, and of course giving clues, made it too easy, according to marketing, I guess.

Yeah, don't make things easy and fun for most collectors. Made it hard and frustrating and almost impossible. Remember.. No Mercy.

Yeah, don't make things easy and fun for most collectors. Made it hard and frustrating and almost impossible. Remember.. No Mercy.
I'd be okay with some reasonable level of difficulty. That can be fun, too. Like I said before, the way they're doing this 100% off code hunt, you either need incredible luck or a bot, because with thousands of items on the site, and a scrambled six or seven digit code that itself is just a random series of letters and numbers, there are millions of possible combinations.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I'd be okay with some reasonable level of difficulty. That can be fun, too. Like I said before, the way they're doing this 100% off code hunt, you either need incredible luck or a bot, because with thousands of items on the site, and a scrambled six or seven digit code that itself is just a random series of letters and numbers, there are millions of possible combinations.

Where do they post the letters and numbers that we need to unscramble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do they post the letters and numbers that we need to unscramble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't. They go live on YouTube and other social channels at some random time when the hunt starts, and they read them. The last couple of times they've been having two hosts taking turns reading each letter or number.

The last couple of times they've been having two hosts taking turns reading each letter or number.

The one I saw it was three hosts, each taking turns reading one digit off, and good god did they go a little too far with the Abbot and Costello bit, you know the old... "So whats the first code letter?"... "Y" ... "Because they need to know what to write down." ... "Y" .. "Because this is supposed to be a fun game" "I know I said Y" ... "Ohh you meant the letter Y, you should have said so!". But I know I'm being overly harsh, I was just like get on with this already! :p

The one I saw it was three hosts, each taking turns reading one digit off, and good god did they go a little too far with the Abbot and Costello bit, you know the old... "So whats the first code letter?"... "Y" ... "Because they need to know what to write down." ... "Y" .. "Because this is supposed to be a fun game" "I know I said Y" ... "Ohh you meant the letter Y, you should have said so!". But I know I'm being overly harsh, I was just like get on with this already! :p

Wow, that's even worse.

I miss the days when free items were given out through the Fortune Teller, and it was literally simple to stay up until 3AM ET (or 12AM PT), refresh the Fortune Teller page, and start going through the fortunes until you potentially hit pay dirt. Those were some fun times. Obviously it was still first come, first serve, but it at least lived up to the sleep is for the weak mantra.

Thanks! Another rotten choice. Guess you now have to "haunt" all those pages for random dead drops instead of just sprinkling them into the sale items? Have there been others I missed or is this the first?

Thanks! Another rotten choice. Guess you now have to "haunt" all those pages for random dead drops instead of just sprinkling them into the sale items? Have there been others I missed or is this the first?
There's been a few so far. *Link deleted*

Edit: The link seems to be giving different results than the search I pulled it from. I'll try to correct it.

Edit 4: go to https://www.twitter.com/explore and search - @collectsideshow "BACK FROM THE DEAD"
Sort for latest.

Last edited:
Again thanks. Read through them all and up to date. I just did setup alerts like Youtube. Hopefully that should make it easier.

Last edited:
They're actually addressing this right now in the chat -- with of course the spin. :yess: ;)

M8W8X2 are the digits for the 100% off Hunt on Facebook rn if you want to try to unscramble and grab the item.

EDIT: Games over. It was for The Joker (Bank Robber) Figure.

Back