Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks folks for posting codes! I think I actually might just order Newt Scamander now...:gandalf_w

Yes, thanks to everyone who contributed!
bb7491623ec9a213cc78886182d1541f.gif

Huge thanks to everyone posting codes and heads up for live videos. Really appreciated.

Whens the next code fest? NYCC is it? When exactly?

Huge thanks to everyone posting codes and heads up for live videos. Really appreciated.

Whens the next code fest? NYCC is it? When exactly?

October 6-11. The Sideshow Boss did say it could be earlier than the 6th though. Not sure when Spook is happening either.

For the two or three of you that appreciate these recaps, it's time to look back at 2020 Sideshow Con!

FYI- this recap only includes the codes given out during the actual days of this event and does NOT include the $5 that was added to your account if you pre-registered for the event at the end of June.

In total, SS gave out 17 codes during this event, broken down like this:
-3 codes on Monday the 20th
-3 codes on Tuesday the 21st
-3 codes on Wednesday the 22nd
-3 codes on Thursday the 23rd
-3 codes on Friday the 24th
-1 code on Saturday the 25th
-1 code on Sunday the 26th

The 17 codes given out were worth a total of $62, broken down like this:
-4 codes worth $2
-4 codes worth $3
-3 codes worth $4
-6 codes worth $5

For recent comparisons, SS gave out 20 codes worth $75 total during their Birthday Extravaganza '20, and they gave out 17 codes worth $40 during Geeksgiving '19. So less codes worth less money than Birthday Extravaganza '20 and the same amount of codes worth more money than Geeksgiving '19.

Here's a breakdown of how long the 17 codes were live for during this event:
-2 codes were live for 5 minutes
-15 codes were live for 10 minutes

All of the $2 and $3 codes were live for 10 minutes, and all but one of the $4 and $5 codes were live for 10 minutes (one $4 code was live for 5 minutes, and one $5 code was also live for 5 minutes).

During this event, SS posted codes exclusively in livestream videos or in the chat/comments of livestream videos-
-7 codes posted in the chat/comments of SS YouTube livestream videos
-6 codes posted in the chat/comments of SS Facebook livestream videos
-4 codes posted on sticky notes that were held up to camera during Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group videos

In the days leading up to the event, SS (thankfully) announced that all of the codes would (thankfully) be posted between 8 AM and 8 PM Pacific, but at the start of the event, they changed the code release window to 6 AM Pacific to 9 PM Pacific. This was a strange thing to announce, since none of the 17 codes they gave out during this event were released in the three extra hours this new time frame allowed for.

Unfortunately, two of the $4 codes given out during this event were glitched for all or almost all of us who tried to redeem them. While that was unfortunate and annoying, SS has claimed that anyone who contacts them about not being able to redeem those two codes will have them added to their account, and I know some people have already had one or both of them added to their account. I personally have had one of them added so far and expect to see the other one added in the next day or two.

I hope some of you enjoyed this recap! Thanks to everyone here for sharing the codes during 2020 Sideshow Con! Let's cross our fingers for lots of RP codes during NYCC '20 in October!

Back