Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't be surprised if they got new investors or sold the company. Really does seem like greedy new management.

fakeaf.JPG

So they promised codes, but nothing today.

the yield curve inverted this past March (historic indicator to a coming recession)... companies such as SSC are going to have an even tougher time as the economy dips if they take their customer base for granted.

Just got a "Thank you for your order" code. Some people were able to combine these with Rewards points without problems right?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Does SS still do the thing where if you leave an item in your cart for a while, they’ll give you a promo code?

Just venting.

SS wants to charge me $26 to ship John Wick to Texas. That's more than I, a normal civilian shipper, pays to ship HT figures through UPS. And I don't have a business contract of any sort. You know how much it is to ship my Black Panther, packed out at BBTS, via the same method SS uses? $12. Over half the cost.

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on, but I wonder if others are paying less for shipping if they didn't use a coupon.

SS can keep their coupons and RPs. I've been pretty loose on that statement for a while, but unless it's a figure that's only available through SS, I'm done with them.

I'm going to finish out my POs (all are SS excl figs), burn my RPs on a final order, and wipe my hands.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the ****ING DISTRIBUTOR, of these things in the US, doesn't.

Just venting.

SS wants to charge me $26 to ship John Wick to Texas. That's more than I, a normal civilian shipper, pays to ship HT figures through UPS. And I don't have a business contract of any sort. You know how much it is to ship my Black Panther, packed out at BBTS, via the same method SS uses? $12. Over half the cost.

I'm putting my tinfoil hat on, but I wonder if others are paying less for shipping if they didn't use a coupon.

SS can keep their coupons and RPs. I've been pretty loose on that statement for a while, but unless it's a figure that's only available through SS, I'm done with them.

I'm going to finish out my POs (all are SS excl figs), burn my RPs on a final order, and wipe my hands.

You know what I've never gotten from BBTS? A figure with a demolished box. Do you know what I've never paid for from BBTS? A surcharge to pack out. I never sit on edge the day of delivery expecting a totaled figure from shipping. BBTS, Alter Ego, Timewalker, and the like all see the importance of boxing figs, it's absolutely unbelievable that SS, the ****ING DISTRIBUTOR, of these things in the US, doesn't.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and SS charges me between $18 and $20 shipping per figure. Via UPS ground. So, yeah. I call shenanigans.

Just venting.

It’s ridiculous really. I’m about 30 miles from them and get charged $16-$20 with the exception of K-2S0 which I believe was $25. Amazingly the latest Jabba shipped at $35 :dunno

Just venting.

There really seems to be no rhyme or reason when it comes to SS shipping charges.
I live in Western PA and most of my shipping charges run around $22.
I do have my items shipped to my work so unless there is a discount because it's being shipped to a business, the only other reason I can figure your charges are more would be if they are listing the delivery as a rural delivery. That usually adds another $3 to the shipping.

I am in the same boat as most other people posting here. I often find myself wanting to wash my hands of ordering directly from Sideshow but it's their flex payments that keep me around. It just helps manage pre-orders and paying in installments. If BBTS ever figured out a way to offer flex pay SS would be game over for me.

I am in the same boat as most other people posting here. I often find myself wanting to wash my hands of ordering directly from Sideshow but it's their flex payments that keep me around. It just helps manage pre-orders and paying in installments. If BBTS ever figured out a way to offer flex pay SS would be game over for me.

Why don't you just set up a regular payment to a sub bank account on your own ? Pre-order it and then when it's time to pay the difference just transfer from the savings account. Easy.

I have regular monthly payment to my kids accounts for savings for when they are older. Never quite get why people need the shop to do that for them if that's the only plus ?

Back