Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey hannibal10. friendly advise, don't keep pounding them with emails, especially if you have a case with them. the reason is, according to sideshow on FB chat, the new system will push the case to the last in queue, if a more recent email on the same case is received . i cannot grapple with how that can happen, but i have stopped emailing to ask for updates. just sound out the SS folks on FB messenger and they will internally probe the helpdesk folks on yr case/query

I'm guessing it's still down. They just added that feature back to their website a day or two ago. I emailed then multiple times about why their live chat and phones aren't working during business hours but they don't respond.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hey hannibal10. friendly advise, don't keep pounding them with emails, especially if you have a case with them. the reason is, according to sideshow on FB chat, the new system will push the case to the last in queue, if a more recent email on the same case is received . i cannot grapple with how that can happen, but i have stopped emailing to ask for updates. just sound out the SS folks on FB messenger and they will internally probe the helpdesk folks on yr case/query
They've been telling me that for years lol. "When you send a new email, your case moves to the back of the queue." I don't believe it. I've sent multiple emails in a day and they've responded to all of them in a day. I've sent 1 email a week for a two or three weeks and then they don't respond. That's over the last few years.

I swear it's just something they say so they get fewer emails lol.

I sent them an email two weeks ago with a question about one of my purchases. In that same email they I also added questions about the live chat and customer service stuff. They responded within 5 hours addressing the question about the product, but completely ignored the customer service question. I followed up about the customer service question a few minutes later and no response. A week later I followed up again, no response. They just don't want to acknowledge the issue.

It's true and common in most helpdesk ticketing systems. They are designed so the most recently "touched" issue is reprioritized under the assumption that contact has just recently been made. This gives high priority to issues that have been sitting longer since the last contact.

When someone continues to reply to an email without getting a response from the Helpdesk in between, it continues to prioritize other issues because this one has had so much activity. So constantly checking back asking for an update indeed lowers your chances for your issue to rise to the top.

It's not an ideal system but it's how a lot of them work.

Ive worked on several Helpdesks and my experience is the opposite. If the customer is sending additional emails then they probably need help whereas if there is no activity then someone is probably waiting on something or someone to do something.
I truly believe that Sideshow just has crappy customer service. They used to be excellent but in the last couple of years it has gone steadily downhill. Just my two cents.

Ive worked on several Helpdesks and my experience is the opposite. If the customer is sending additional emails then they probably need help whereas if there is no activity then someone is probably waiting on something or someone to do something.
I truly believe that Sideshow just has crappy customer service. They used to be excellent but in the last couple of years it has gone steadily downhill. Just my two cents.
This has been my experience as well. Urgent issues get spammed and gets our attention. And I've definitely spammed sideshow and gotten faster responses (including them telling me not to send too many emails) than waiting.

Nice, I was able to use it as well and pre-ordered the Infinity War Doctor Strange. Kinda wonder if Sideshow will take away the discount since multiple people were able to use it or if they’ll honor the orders.

Nice, I was able to use it as well and pre-ordered the Infinity War Doctor Strange. Kinda wonder if Sideshow will take away the discount since multiple people were able to use it or if they’ll honor the orders.

The last two or three have been available for mutiple users and i have not heard them taking any away yet.

Last edited:
The last two or three have been available for mutiple users and i have not heard them taking any away yet.
That’s surprising as I thought most of the mailed out codes were one-time use. I was wondering if maybe aspects of the website still aren’t working from the update they did a while back and it’s not recognizing codes that have already been used.

I used it on the Mark VII diecast. Had a $50 gift card and with the extra $20, it's at least close to being a somewhat tolerable price-wise. Over $400 for these Iron Man figures seems a bit crazy to me.

When did Sideshow start allowing us to combine coupons and rewards?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was wondering too, maybe with the website refresh. But I feel like I'd be an idiot not to take advantage of that, the amount of work people do for 20 bucks of RP during spook or something, and its just sitting there for the taking. Almost feeling tempted to order the Iron Man IW Accessory Set, really want that damaged face plate.

Back