Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it! That was the first one I?ve got during this event. Thanks y?all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was on here checking just as that code was posted. Immediately copy and pasted it in my open rewards page and got the damn que wait. Text it to my friend, he put's it in and get's it immediately while I'm waiting in a que... WTF!!

I managed to get it, but how come I get a que every time and he says he doesn't. Even when I enter the code before he does. This **** makes no sense..

Same I didn?t get the queue for this quote, thank you to everyone who posted it!

Strange, haven't had the queue at all so far today but was getting it every time yesterday. Folks on FB are complaining about it and saying this latest code was gone almost instantly. Apparently there are between 1000 and 2000 codes available each time, changes randomly from one code to the next, so this one might have been at the lower end of the range. Sideshow are claiming that every code has lasted 5+ minutes so far.

Strange, haven't had the queue at all so far today but was getting it every time yesterday. Folks on FB are complaining about it and saying this latest code was gone almost instantly. Apparently there are between 1000 and 2000 codes available each time, changes randomly from one code to the next, so this one might have been at the lower end of the range. Sideshow are claiming that every code has lasted 5+ minutes so far.

I entered the code within 60secs of you posting it and it was already ?exceeded?.

Man, this code situation sure has been a mess so far, huh? It's especially disappointing and surprising since they were so generous in their most recent events and made the codes so (relatively) easy to get compared to what they've been doing during this event so far.

For instance, all of the codes during their 2020 Sideshow Con in July were available for 10 minutes except for two of them (which where each available for five minutes), all 17 codes release during that event were released in one of three ways (in the chat of a YouTube video, in the chat of a Facebook video, or shown on screen during a Facebook video), and they were all released at a time in a multiple of five (4:15 PM, 2:20 PM, 9:00 AM, etc.).

For this event, all of the codes have a set number of redemptions available instead of a time limit. So far, three codes was confirmed to have 1,500 redemptions, two codes were confirmed to have 2,000 redemptions, two codes were confirmed to have 1,000 redemptions (these were the two that seemingly were used up as soon as they were posted anywhere), and the remaining one code did not list how many redemptions were available.

Also, all seven of the codes they've released so far (not counting the $5 code they gave out for registering for the event or the $2 CODE4U2020 code they gave out last Thursday to seemingly test the queue system) have been released on different social media channels/pages/groups. I'm not sure when exactly SS set up SO MANY pages and groups for their various product categories/brands (a Unruly Industries account on Instagram, a Facebook page just for their art prints, an Atomic Misfits Facebook group, etc.), but this appears to be the Con when they release at least one code on each page!

(If you haven't already, go to the contest page for the life size Baby Yoda figure (https://gleam.io/eYdGh/sideshow-new-york-con-the-child-lifesize-figure) where you can see that there are 32 (!) ways to get entries for the contest, including joining seven Facebook groups, visiting seven additional pages on Facebook, following five pages on Twitter, and following seven pages on Instagram! That's crazy!)

Finally, the times these codes have been released seem completely random (1:53 PM, 8:48 AM, 5:11 PM, etc.)

So putting these three things together, it is clear that SS wants it to be harder to redeem RP codes during this event (and probably during Spook '20 and their other unannounced upcoming events), which is unfortunate. They must be saving money by limiting the amount of redemptions for the code and spreading out their release across seemingly in the entire internet!

I've missed two of the seven codes so far (for a total of $4), which obviously isn't too big of a deal, but after getting 100% of the codes during their last two events, any "Promo code usage limit have been exceeded" message is definitely a disappointment!

Back