Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'd sleep, I sat my phone on a surface that rattles when it buzzes and put on a hellishly irritating piano trill notification tone. Worked pretty well. Missing the last $5 of the first day because I sat my phone on the carpet and it muffled it.

Same here. Missed one of today?s $5 cuz I had my headphones on. Much better haul than the $0 I got through Geeksgiving due to the site migration with no notifications.
Thank you everyone. These extra RP?s will go to good use!

I got $70. Just missed the early morning one on the last day because I was asleep. Not sure if I heard a notification or not but I saw it a couple minutes too late.

I still have two $20 off box codes for in-stock items. If you want one, PM me the item you want, and agree to use my referral link to purchase it.

It's time to recap Sideshow's first ever Birthday Extravaganza!

In total, SS gave out 20 codes during this event, broken down like this:
-4 codes on Monday the 16th
-4 codes on Tuesday the 17th
-4 codes on Wednesday the 18th
-4 codes on Thursday the 19th
-4 codes on Friday the 20th

The 20 codes given out were worth a total of $75, broken down like this:
-5 codes worth $2
-5 codes worth $3
-10 codes worth $5

For recent comparisons, SS gave out 17 codes worth $40 total during Geeksgiving '19, and they gave out 40 codes worth $76 during Spook '19. So they gave out more valuable codes during Birthday Extravaganza '20 than their most recent events!

Here's a breakdown of how long the 20 codes were live for this year:
-10 codes were live for 10 minutes
-10 codes were live for 20 minutes

All of the $2 and $3 codes were live for 20 minutes, and all of the $5 codes were live for 10 minutes.

SS posted codes in seven places places during Birthday Extravaganza '20-
-6 codes posted on sticky notes that were held up to camera during Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group videos
-5 codes posted on SS's Instagram page
-4 codes posted on the Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group
-2 codes posted onscreen in SS YouTube videos
-1 code posted on SS's Twitter page
-1 code posted onscreen in a SS Instagram video
-1 code posted on the standard Sideshow Facebook page

Thankfully, SS announced at the start of the event that all of the codes would be posted between 6 AM and 8 PM Pacific, so most people once again did not have to lose any sleep dealing with SS's (now hopefully relegated-to-the-past) "sleep is for the weak" nonsense. They also confirmed at the start of the event that they would release four codes per day and where the codes would be posted online. That kind of info made the code drops more predictable and much easier to collect during this event.

I hope some of you enjoyed this recap! Thanks to everyone here for sharing the codes during Birthday Extravaganza '20! Let's cross our fingers for some more RP codes sooner rather than later!

It's time to recap Sideshow's first ever Birthday Extravaganza!

In total, SS gave out 20 codes during this event, broken down like this:
-4 codes on Monday the 16th
-4 codes on Tuesday the 17th
-4 codes on Wednesday the 18th
-4 codes on Thursday the 19th
-4 codes on Friday the 20th

The 20 codes given out were worth a total of $75, broken down like this:
-5 codes worth $2
-5 codes worth $3
-10 codes worth $5

For recent comparisons, SS gave out 17 codes worth $40 total during Geeksgiving '19, and they gave out 40 codes worth $76 during Spook '19. So they gave out more valuable codes during Birthday Extravaganza '20 than their most recent events!

Here's a breakdown of how long the 20 codes were live for this year:
-10 codes were live for 10 minutes
-10 codes were live for 20 minutes

All of the $2 and $3 codes were live for 20 minutes, and all of the $5 codes were live for 10 minutes.

SS posted codes in seven places places during Birthday Extravaganza '20-
-6 codes posted on sticky notes that were held up to camera during Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group videos
-5 codes posted on SS's Instagram page
-4 codes posted on the Let Your Geek Side Show Facebook group
-2 codes posted onscreen in SS YouTube videos
-1 code posted on SS's Twitter page
-1 code posted onscreen in a SS Instagram video
-1 code posted on the standard Sideshow Facebook page

Thankfully, SS announced at the start of the event that all of the codes would be posted between 6 AM and 8 PM Pacific, so most people once again did not have to lose any sleep dealing with SS's (now hopefully relegated-to-the-past) "sleep is for the weak" nonsense. They also confirmed at the start of the event that they would release four codes per day and where the codes would be posted online. That kind of info made the code drops more predictable and much easier to collect during this event.

I hope some of you enjoyed this recap! Thanks to everyone here for sharing the codes during Birthday Extravaganza '20! Let's cross our fingers for some more RP codes sooner rather than later!

Fantastic recap Cole! Thanks for all the hard work!!:hi5:

Any idea why this Birthday was so special? They've never had any birthdays before. I remember there was a long wait before the end of Spook till the next October for RPs.

It was their 26th birthday, so no, it wasn't a particularly notable one.

However, I'm pretty sure I read or Facebook or something that SS wanted to have some big promotion/event similar to Spook during the spring time of year. In the past they have given out reward codes during Spook and sometimes during conventions like SDCC and NYCC, but they now have had a Geeksgiving event the last two years, along with this new Birthday Extravaganza event.

I'm sure they get a bunch of publicity and sell lots of stuff during events like this, so as long as they continue to give out reward codes during them, I say the more the merrier! :wink1:

I still have two $20 off box codes for in-stock items. If you want one, PM me the item you want, and agree to use my referral link to purchase it.

Good idea!

I've got a $20 off box code as well. If anyone wants it, please PM me the item and use my referral link to purchase it.

It was their 26th birthday, so no, it wasn't a particularly notable one.

However, I'm pretty sure I read or Facebook or something that SS wanted to have some big promotion/event similar to Spook during the spring time of year. In the past they have given out reward codes during Spook and sometimes during conventions like SDCC and NYCC, but they now have had a Geeksgiving event the last two years, along with this new Birthday Extravaganza event.

I'm sure they get a bunch of publicity and sell lots of stuff during events like this, so as long as they continue to give out reward codes during them, I say the more the merrier! :wink1:

That's the thing, I don't think a company will give out free money for nothing. There's always a catch that something else was removed on the schedule.. maybe SDCC/NYCC this year because of the Coronavirus? Granted that we didn't get any RPs during those events last year.

That's the thing, I don't think a company will give out free money for nothing. There's always a catch that something else was removed on the schedule.. maybe SDCC/NYCC this year because of the Coronavirus? Granted that we didn't get any RPs during those events last year.

Well, they did give out a relatively small number of codes during SDCC 2019 (three codes for a total of $6) and 2018 (five codes for a total of $15.50), and they added the Geeksgiving event in 2018 (and had it again in 2019) without removing any other reward-code-giving events from their schedule. And don't forget about the Holiday Party they added in 2018 (two codes for a total of $10) and had again in 2019 (one code for a total of $5).

None of those code totals were crazy high or anything, so you're right that there is a chance something else was removed from the schedule with the addition of the Birthday Extravaganza, but hopefully it was an addition to a year full of reward codes and not replacing some other event.

Keep in mind that (unlike many of their smaller competitors) they're also charging us sales tax now. So while previously many of us used reward points to offset their high shipping prices and lack of price discounts, now in order to make their prices competitive we have to offset the taxes as well. And given that they tax the shipping as well and their shipping costs have conveniently continued to rise for no apparent reason, I'm sure they won't be losing any revenue as a result of handing out these "extra" rewards. :lol

They don?t tax my shipping.

You might want to check the math. Here is the order I placed in February. Michigan sales tax is 6%. They list the tax above the shipping charge, but the shipping is included in the calculation. Without it my tax charge would have been $11.52.

Screenshot_2020-03-23 Order Details.png

Back