Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm likely to start a flame war here, but are so called high end collectibles such as statues considered toys?

Yup....

In every way.
Want proof?

Put a bunch of Kenner action figures and Hot Toys in a room and see if kids think they are the same and want to play with them the same......even statues.......

Hell honestly most high end supercars are just toys in my eyes.....

Just cause it's expensive , does not mean it's not a toy.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup....

In every way.
Want proof?

Put a bunch of Kenner action figures and Hot Toys in a room and see if kids think they are the same and want to play with them the same......even statues.......

I'm not sure that criteria will work, as a kid can and will play with anything. If I've learnt anything from certain world news programs, it's that kids will play unknowingly with some very dangerous items too.

But you're right, how much something costs in itself doesn't determine whether an item is a toy or not.

Well We may be wrong....

an object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something.
"a toy car"
synonyms:plaything, game; More

So maybe Adult toy.....is a very very very specific thing....

Maybe we should be debating the definition of child.....

Hell, I know when I was barely able to walk I loved playing with my (or should that be on my) father's tractor... now there's a toy :)

Well We may be wrong....

an object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something.
"a toy car"
synonyms:plaything, game; More

So maybe Adult toy.....is a very very very specific thing....

Maybe we should be debating the definition of child.....

Yes we're all children who've yet to grow up.....probably never will.

But I guess that's why on the packaging of some of these collectibles it sometimes states "this is not a toy" or " adult collectible" or some other "age restriction".... all to make us feel a little better about our purchases :wink1:

Hell, I know when I was barely able to walk I loved playing with my (or should that be on my) father's tractor... now there's a toy :)

:rotfl

I hope I never grow up.....

Those guys are miserable and angry all the time....

Call me a little deranged but some of the banter in this thread and fighting and arguing kind of made a lot past spooks memorable. I fear this thread will now only be fights about the non-banter thread every spook to come and that is just so much less enjoyable than taking part in the shamefulness this thread used to be. I really do wish the non-banter thread was never created no matter how useful as it just not actually worth the pointless bickering.

Call me a little deranged but some of the banter in this thread and fighting and arguing kind of made a lot past spooks memorable. I fear this thread will now only be fights about the non-banter thread every spook to come and that is just so much less enjoyable than taking part in the shamefulness this thread used to be. I really do wish the non-banter thread was never created no matter how useful as it just not actually worth the pointless bickering.

Your a little deranged....

I hope I never grow up.....

Those guys are miserable and angry all the time....

:lecture

When I first started collecting I wondered what were the ages of the people here collecting, as I had originally thought I may be considered too old to collect these things.

I must admit I was surprised that people's ages varied quite a bit from teenagers to grandparents.

You may well be right.

The way I see it, there are 3 options.

1. Everyone follows the rules without fail for the non banter thread, or

2. Delete the thread

3. Leave everything as is, and suck it up.

But given the responses by some, it may well be impossible for option 1 to every truly succeed.

Anyone to defend keeping the thread clean (usually politely) has been met with a few posts using slightly derogatory/demeaning terminologies (maybe said in good fun?)..... except possibly from that first post who started this particular mess.

Oh well, only time will tell.

Only 358 days or so until the next Spooktacular!

We all should do that.

But getting free reward points is addictive.

Sort of like statue or figure collecting.

Enticing, yes. If it's addicting then you need to get priorities in check. People hang on these code posts like they were passed down by God personally.

Coming from a guy with over ten thousand posts on a toy forum. It was a joke. Time for you to reassess who needs to get a life here.

13,000+ posts over 10 years (roughly 3-4 posts a day) and almost all of them were not about toys. I joined a community of like-minded people and have met some of my best friends here, no regrets about it at all. I also have a family and very active life offline so my life is in check, thank you very much.

Ahem.... $60 if you’re paying attention.

Well excuuuuuuuuse me! :lol

Yup....

In every way.
Want proof?

#truth

My kids see my toys and theirs and it's all the same to them.

Back