Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankly, as a fan who was just as annoyed when Disney declared that Extended Universe stuff 'not canon' as anyone - I don't get the hate for TFA, and that's as someone who walked out of the screening thinking 'meh' when I first saw it.

It's... Just as flawed at the OT, with very similar plot beats and a similar lack of characterisation in the first film. I'm guessing it's the old rose tinted glasses of nostalgia fueling the hatred, since honestly whilst I'm able to sprout off about Ventress, Revan and Je'dai like the best of the other nerds I've long since grown bored of the OT (heresy I know - but I've watched those films often enough that I could probably quote along I wore out the VHSs we had of those films, and the DVDs suffered a similar fate!)

Frankly, as a fan who was just as annoyed when Disney declared that Extended Universe stuff 'not canon' as anyone - I don't get the hate for TFA, and that's as someone who walked out of the screening thinking 'meh' when I first saw it.

It's... Just as flawed at the OT, with very similar plot beats and a similar lack of characterisation in the first film. I'm guessing it's the old rose tinted glasses of nostalgia fueling the hatred, since honestly whilst I'm able to sprout off about Ventress, Revan and Je'dai like the best of the other nerds I've long since grown bored of the OT (heresy I know - but I've watched those films often enough that I could probably quote along I wore out the VHSs we had of those films, and the DVDs suffered a similar fate!)

Blasphemy!!!!!

But I pretty much feel the same.

Unfortunately some fans of the originals will always hold any originals to an unreal level, but that's why they're classics. Nothing as far as many are concerned will improve upon it. Its pretty much the same reaction from some Star Trek fans for the reboot/Discovery.

But as a few have said 'older' fans may not necessarily be their target audience. As I see this IP in Disneys plans decades into the future.

I have a feeling that the HAUNT code is for the 31st, or maybe a weekend code.

I honestly have a weird feeling that since they must know that we know about it, because it gets mentioned every ten pages or so, they won't actually activate it. Not sure, why, since codes are timed now, and whatnot, and nobody has any real advantage knowing only one part of the puzzle ahead of time. Like I said. Just a feeling.

I honestly have a weird feeling that since they must know that we know about it, because it gets mentioned every ten pages or so, they won't actually activate it. Not sure, why, since codes are timed now, and whatnot, and nobody has any real advantage knowing only one part of the puzzle ahead of time. Like I said. Just a feeling.

They do know about it, Susan mentioned it it one of the shows and they were not happy with the person.

Because they have not cancelled it, makes me think it is in a video or a newsletter something that cannot be changed at short notice.

The only advantage is that we know there is another potential sum to add to our kitty.

They do know about it, Susan mentioned it it one of the shows and they were not happy with the person.

Because they have not cancelled it, makes me think it is in a video or a newsletter something that cannot be changed at short notice.

The only advantage is that we know there is another potential sum to add to our kitty.

It's been days, so not that short notice. They don't have to cancel it. They can probably just leave it unactivated forever if they want. Also, the last clause in your post is funny.

It's day four and things are slow. Who's going to start of the food conversation and or gif war? lol

Slow indeed.
giphy.gif

Back