Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad Sideshow is trying to keep the half-naked costumed female trope alive while companies like Marvel are doing these horrible new costumes for Black Cat, Valkyrie and Gamora that cover them head to toe.

I agree. That's why I cancelled all my subscriptions last week at my local comic shop. I don't like the junk their pushing so DC, Marvel, Dynamite doesn't get my money. The owner was pissed. Had to tell him to yell at the publishers and not me. He just lost around $5,000 a year.

I agree. That's why I cancelled all my subscriptions last week at my local comic shop. I don't like the junk their pushing so DC, Marvel, Dynamite doesn't get my money. The owner was pissed. Had to tell him to yell at the publishers and not me. He just lost around $5,000 a year.

Wait, the owner got angry with you for choosing not to spend your money? Sounds like he didn't deserve it in the first place! What a piece of work

Wait, the owner got angry with you for choosing not to spend your money? Sounds like he didn't deserve it in the first place! What a piece of work
Anyone who makes money off sales and subscriptions will be upset but you don't show that to the customer. I was doing Captain marvel subs with the marvel site and 4 issues got lost, the replacements got lost so I cancelled and demanded a refund. The comic shop wasn't happy. Oh well, get my books to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His face got red and his voice got louder and louder until he was almost yelling. He even tried to convince me to keep buying them but not read them. I guess that way i wouldn't notice all the costume and character changes? He did call later and make a semi-apology.

He also finds my wife to be a great selling tool when she dresses as Vampirella and helps him at the yearly comicon. He was probably trying to make sure she would still help him.

His face got red and his voice got louder and louder until he was almost yelling. He even tried to convince me to keep buying them but not read them. I guess that way i wouldn't notice all the costume and character changes? He did call later and make a semi-apology.

This reminds me of a time a comic shop me and my brother frequented treated his girlfriend like crap (she was buying him a bday present ) . I caught wind of this and went into the store and spoke to the owner and said we were done and went somewhere else. We spent an absurd amount of money there , but I also brought them clients from movie studios . We told friends about what happened and they too stopped going . That was a year and half ago and I was driving by one day and saw they had been closed . Don't ever estimate how important customers can be .

I think someone found a loop hole in the no-banter thread rules if you compose your message like this:

REWARD CODE <--
SNEAK IN BANTER SENTENCE HERE <--

Vampirella you say? :bow

She's from Costa Rica. To her it's a over-sized one-piece bathing suit. She lived on a the beach until she was 21 and I don't think bikini coverage was a big priority. She just thinks it's a cute costume. Totally oblivious to what anyone else thinks of it. She just goes with what she likes.

Back