Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how people are using the code minutes after others got an expired notice. I tried it at about 14:39 Eastern and it was already expired.

They posted it in the comments

"Here's the promo code"

Code lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried at :42 and it was expired. Tried a couple of times when I saw people posting that it still worked, but it still didn't work for me.

Ok, found it, code was given away on youtube comments:

Sideshow Collectibles​: Who's ready for the code?
Sideshow Collectibles​: FANTASTIC
Sideshow Collectibles: ​Promo code is available to redeem and add to your Rewards balance between 11:38am-11:43am PT, August 2, 2017. Code: Fantastic
Sideshow Collectibles: ​$3 in RewardsQuick redemption at Sideshow.com/comiccon. Pop code in in box at top. Follow the directions.
Sideshow Collectibles: ​I extended the code for YT folks
Sideshow Collectibles​: get the code now
Sideshow Collectibles​: only 30 seconds left
Sideshow Collectibles​: FANTASTIC

They posted it in the comments

"Here's the promo code"

Code lol

Watched the comments like a hawk.... and have been scrolling through. Still haven't seen it.

Good thing I'm subscribed to this thread.

I actually liked the code released through the chat, they warned you before they posted. Posted it twice And includes time of use on both post lol

Watched the comments like a hawk.... and have been scrolling through. Still haven't seen it.

Good thing I'm subscribed to this thread.

You have to pay attention to the post by sideshow since Facebook compresses all the long post to where you have to click the 3 little dots to expands but they posted it twice

Susan said the code would be in Facebook And YouTube in the chat channels. I didn't see it on YouTube but got the email, put it in, and it said expired. I tried it again, and it was still expired. Sideshow then commented "Are you ready for the code?" on YouTube live chat, I scoffed, but tried it a third time, and it worked. Right after that, SS posted the code on YT. Thirty seconds or so later, SS commented, "I extended the code for the YT folks."
Sounds like they forgot all about YouTube chat until after the code expired, realized that and fixed the mistake. From other comments on YT, it only lasted about a minute or so after they announced it there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If even the people who watch the chats can't get the codes half the time then this marketing plan clearly has issues.

There's always going to be lag so making the code last only 3 minutes makes zero sense. A 3-minute lag should be assumed and 5 minutes should be the absolute minimum live time.

If they have to "extend the code" every freakin' time they're doing this wrong.

If even the people who watch the chats can't get the codes half the time then this marketing plan clearly has issues.

I have to agree. Last week it seemed to expire prematurely due to stream/broadcast lag. This week they pretty clearly forgot about one of the chat channels. Still a lot of bugs to work out of this system.

There's always going to be lag so making the code last only 3 minutes makes zero sense. A 3-minute lag should be assumed and 5 minutes should be the absolute minimum live time.

I don't think there's actually a lag (or much of one, anyway) in youtube chat. Seems like that's why they decided not to do it in the video today. They just need to remember to comment in both chat channels at the same time.

Back